Friday, January 02, 2009

Exercise Your Creativity- Week1- Doors

Good morning and welcome to the first week of Exercise Your Creativity!!! If you have no idea what I am talking about, go read the intro to what we are doing which you can find here.

This first week's theme is Doors. Below is the jpeg which you can click on so that you can read it clearly and print it if you would like to create a year-long inspiration binder. (The idea with the jpegs is that they are easy to print. You can either copy/paste them to print as you would a photo or you can right-click them and paste it into a Word program for printing.)

Like I said, I am building up a creativity/inspiration binder for the year using an 8 1/2" x 11" 3-ring binder. Below is a cover page that you can print if you want to use it for the same type of thing.

I created it first in green, but then realized that my binder needed a pink version so here is a second version that you can also use. Feel free to use these, manipulate them for however you need so that you are happy with them. I have created them using MS Picture It templates so they are not my designs.


My Binder:
A little bit about how I am organizing my binder (you absolutely DO NOT have to create a binder...this is just so that others can see what I am doing if they are interested in creating a binder.) I am creating mine so that it is an inspiration piece for this year and hopefully for many years to come. I have it separated into month-long sections. Here is my January divider page (just another place to get creative):


Supplies used:
*Pink Paislee paper (pink polkadot)
*K&Company paper (glittery blue)
*MM paper (postcard)
*Inkadinkado stamp (cameo)
*Red Lead stamp (little winged girl)
*Unity Stamp Co Our Story, Our Life (date), This is the Time (sentiment at bottom)
*dictionary paper
*misc. punches
*buttons




I then have each week's jpeg printed and will follow that up by a couple of blank sheets so that I can add inspiration that I find in magazines and brainstorming. This idea was inspired by Artsymama's inspiration journals which I just love! You can go see some of her journals here, here, and here.

Here is one of my pages out of the Doors section:

The idea behind this whole exercise is to go out and create new things with the exercises, NOT this inspiration journal so don't get too caught up in it if you are creating one too! :o)


Please come back and share when you have posted something that you create based upon the exercises. I am posting all of the exercises on my Creative Prompts blog for easy reference and will add in the links to each of those posts as we go along. AND there is no time limit on these!!! If you do some creating with Doors in week 52, I will still add your link to the Doors Exercise post so be sure and go back and check all those old posts throughout the year to see what everyone is doing.

I am so excited about all this and I hope that you all are too. I cannot wait to see what you do with our Study in Doors! And remember, above all else....this is supposed to be fun, not work!!!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I am so looking forward to these exercises, I so need a boost for my mojo of creativity and I think this may be what I need. Thanks...

Anonymous said...

I just started following your blog. But what perfect timing. I can't wait to create my own inspiration journal. Thanks for the tips.
Cheers~
Amanda

JazzyH said...

I am following your blog as well because I need some inspiration.

Kerry said...

I am also a door lover! One of the things I loved most about where my husband and I got married was the huge, beautiful arched doors. I think I may need to go photograph some doors too but for now I have created a tri-fold (door) card. It is up on my blog: www.capturingcreativity.blogspot.com

Here is the link to the exact post:
http://capturingcreativity.blogspot.com/2009/01/growing-in-unity-day-4.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails