Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Couple of Fun Announcements...

First, the thing that I am most excited about...I told you all about the Creatively Yours Guest DT search earlier. I am thrilled to tell you that I was chosen to be one of their Guest designers for December and that Jacquie was chosen to be one of them for November. Yipppeee!!! How fun is it that we were both chosen?!?

Even more fun news is that they are looking for a new Design Team right now. The sketches are AMAZING so I really urge you to go check out the site, create using some of the sketches for inspiration, and maybe you will even be inspired to go out and try out for the team.

But here is the layout that I created for the layout portion of this contest....



This layout features a couple of photos of Kat and Amy playing (speaking of Amy, you must go check out her fun, new blog format...LOVE those monkeys!) You can see the Creatively Yours sketch that insired it here.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Amazing Me kit
*Unity Stamp Co. July Kom (available at the collector's price)
*Basic Grey papers
*Sassafras papers
*eyelet trim
*buttons
*Pink Paislee alpha stickers
*Marvy Uchida Circle punches
*flowers
*Martha Stewart gems (detail around big circle)
*white pen (the one you can get from Stampin Up...I can't think of the name right now)

The journaling says, "October, 2008- Amy & Kat. Fast friends, telling secrets, playing peek-a-boo and dress-up, and sharing giggles."



In other fun news, I am going to be doing a fun thing here on the blog...

The 12 Days of Christmas Creating

When: November 15-26th

Why: Help you with your holiday gift-giving
What: 12 different gift ideas that you can create yourself
Warning to my family...if you don't want to spoil your Christmas surprises, stay away from my blog during that time period! ;o)


And my promise to you...the VERY long-awaited watercolor tutorial will be up here tomorrow. I hope that it is worth the wait. LOL!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! You know I can't stay away from your blog, so you might want to call me in advance of any days you might not want me to see what you are creating!

Loved being w/you & your family -- it's very quiet around here. I had such a good time & if we lived closer together, we could learn to control our time better, couldn't we???

Jenn said...

ohh can't wait to see your gift ideas! Thanks for the holiday help in advance! :)

Kelly said...

Congrats on getting chosen as a guest designer---that is such a cute layout!

I love the idea of making xmas gifts. I'll be sure to watch your blog for great ideas!

jo said...

Congrats on the guest DT Christi!!:)

Amy said...

I so knew you would win!...How could you not with such great subjects..LOL..;-)..can't wait to see your projects..I definitely could use some help in that department!

Karen said...

Congratulations on being a guest DT! Your work is so inspiring!!

Fink said...

I marked another great spot to visit for sketches! Thanks

Annabelle said...

congrats on getting to be a guest designer and can't wait to see the 12 days od christmas, love to see the ideas.

Nancy L. said...

Congrats!!
Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Related Posts with Thumbnails