Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Very Special Hip Hop!!!

It's my Mom's birthday today!!!

Happy Birthday, Mom!!!


It's already been an amazing day. I started off the day with a breakfast of champions...or at least the Bryant women! LOL! I get my addiction to these little chocolate wonders from my mom so I just had to eat a few for breakfast in honor of her birthday (I am thinking that today needs to be a double-workout day!)

We also had an amazing sunrise this morning, but I will talk about that in a moment because I uploaded my photos in the wrong order, but if I move them then you can't enlarge them when you click on them. *ugh*
********

So first, I will talk about today's art. I made this card last night for my mom's birthday (yes, I am running a bit behind since this, and her present, will have to be mailed- Sorry Mom!)

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this months kit of the month, Perfect in Every Way?!?  LOVE IT! Most of the images here are from that kit... the flowers, the owl, "perfect", and if you look really closely you can see the faint images of the "relax" in the background of the flower piece. I also added the faint image of the worn music background on the flower piece too.

The layout for the card is based upon this week's Mojo Monday sketch (#89.)

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co Perfect in Every Way (June kit of the month)
*Unity Stamp Co. Worn Music Background
*October Afternoon papers
*StazOn jet black inkpad
*watercolor pencils
*CTMH Desert Sand inkpad
*CTMH Sweet Leaf inkpad
*CTMH Breeze inkpad
*MM mini alpha stickers
*Marvy Uchida scallop punch
*Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
*ribbon
*brads
*pop-dots
*****

And now back to that sunrise from this morning. We get up every morning at 4:00 to workout so most days, I get to see the sun rise, but this morning's was just gorgeous. When I first noticed it, the colors were super-dark purples and pinks. By the time I grabbed the tripod and made it to the end of the block for photos, the colors were a bit more muted although still simply amazing.


I hope that your day has started out glorious too!!!

Now you need to hop on over to...



47 comments:

MOM said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes & card -- can't wait to see it in person.

Truly a beautiful sunrise!!!

Love ya!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Beautiful Card!!!

Chrissy said...

beautiful card and an amazing sunrise!

Tink said...

Happy Birthday MOM!!!
Love your cards!

Kristen Carll said...

I love that you used the relax sentiment as a background DP on your card! :) The whole things is wonderful! I can see why you said you love it! :) I am sure your Mom will too! Happy birthday to her!

That sunrise is absolutely beautiful!

p.s I love fudge rounds too! :)

Angie Blom said...

just love this.. and your photo's are too cool!!

jan farnworth said...

love the sunset and your cards are pretty to.

liannallama said...

happy BD to your mum and thanks for the great cards!

Katy said...

Happy birthday to your mom! That is such an amazing sunrise. Cute card, too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!!!! Your card is perfect...I love that main image panel with all the layered stamping. Happy Birthday to your mom. What a wonderful way to start your day....beautiful!!

Unknown said...

very very pretty...and the sunrise was gorgeous! TFS

Ashley Newell said...

Happy birthday Jacque!! YAY!

Gorgeous card Christi!

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow! You were right about your card- it is totally gorgeous, Christi! Your Mom will surely be one lucky gal when she receives it!

and don't workout twice- with all your hard work you deserve some goodies once in awhile- you can afford it!! :)

FibreJunky said...

Wow, what a gorgeous sunrise!!!
Love (LOVE!!) the card. Your mom is going to love it, too.

Candace H said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your mom! What a lovely card she has coming her way!

Jenn said...

Your card and sunrise are amazing!

Happy birthday to your mom

whoistracy said...

Wow!! You weren't kidding- what a beautiful sunrise. Hope your mom has a wonderful birthday. Love your cards!

Gina said...

Stunning . . . your card and the sunrise! :)

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Happy Birthday to your mom and I love your creations! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Happy bday to your Mom! I love the card you made for her... absolutely stunning! The color combination on it is fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

WOW beautiful sunrise! Almost as pretty as your card! Happy Birthday to Mom!

Jacqueline said...

This is a gorgeous card christi!! I really love it!! happy birthday to jacque!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE this card, Christi! You used my two favorite stamps from June's KOTM! I can't wait to get mine! :)

Jenn K said...

Wonderful card, and wow great pictures!!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!!

Chrisiti, your cards are great!!! You've added sooo much detail to each! I really admire your work! Good good job!

Maureen F. said...

What a great day - Happy birthday to your mom. Your card is stunning as are those pictures of the sun rising - what a motivation

Unknown said...

so pretty great cards, and happy bday to your mom ;)

Paula Laird said...

Wow! A day with a gorgeous sunrise and a Little Debbie breakfast has to be great! love your mom's card! happy birthday to her!

JenMarie said...

FABulous creations! Oh I LOVE those fudge rounds! ;)

Angela W said...

Beautiful pics and cards! I love your colorful owl!

StampinCathy said...

First I want to wish your Mom a Happy Birthday. Wow this is the way to start off the day. That sunset is just fabulous. I just love your cards and all the details you added. Thanks for this inspiring MOJO.

Bonita Rose said...

love it Christi. ur work is so fab.. all the time! gorgeous sunrise.. love those kinda shots!

Anonymous said...

chirsti

I love the cool DSp on all of the cards... it makes the card really stand out... thanks hotwheels

Erika M. said...

Love the card - beautiful photos!

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful photos and your card is gorgeous! Happy Birthday to your mom!!

Jana said...

Fabulous card. Love the shots of the sunrise you got too.
Happy Birthday to your mom.

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Absolutely beautiful post today!!! And, I agree that this June kit is truely perfect!

Suz said...

Such a pretty card & post today. Hope you had a wonderful day & happy b'day to your mom

Ravengirl said...

Please wish your mother a happy birthday on my behalf. Great pictures today!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great cards!!!

Purple Princess said...

Incredible photos! Great cards!

heidi said...

Love that card and that sunrise was beautiful!!

Heather Brown said...

Happy birthday to your mom!!! That is a GORGEOUS card!!! Love them!!

Julie Campbell said...

Happy Birthday, Mom! :)

Your little owl is really cute!

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful card -- LOVE that owl and the distress look -- so pretty! :)

Amy said...

Beautiful...happy birthday to Jackie! and I miss you guys!!

dianna said...

Beautiful card~beautiful sunrise photos*!*

Related Posts with Thumbnails