Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Quickie Challenge Card...

I threw together a card this morning while Kat was napping for a couple of blog challenges. This card was put together using this week's CPS sketch (#120) and Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #9.


Supplies used:
*October Afternoon paper collection
*MM paper collection
*Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
*cardstock
*Marvy Uchida scallop punch
*brads

I hope that you all are having a fabulous weekend. It's been a bit crazy around here. Ben finally got home late last night, a full 24 hours after he was supposed to be home (MULTIPLE airline delays on the East coast) and Jacob just got home from a weekend backpacking trip a full 2 hours early today. 

21 comments:

Kim J. said...

I love your style, Christi! Just bookmarked your site -- I'll certainly be back for inspiration. This card is so lovely and eclectic.

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! This is a GREAT card! I love the newsprint! All of it is just perfect!

Jeannette said...

Christi this is gorgeous, I love those colours together. Your card is very different, it catches your eye straight away.

Maureen P said...

The perfect DP for the challenge!! Well done...a beautiful card :)

amber said...

what a sweet card! i love the scalloped accent you threw in there...great touch!

Meredith said...

Your card is so lovely! I almost used a teapot on my card too--although I'm sure it wouldn't have turned out this cute!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Christi!!! Lvoe your take on the CPS Sketch!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous card, Chrisi

Teresa said...

Very cute, love that background paper and the black/green combo. Thanks for playing with the bananas.

Kitty said...

Beautiful card and very creative! I have a feeling we will be seeing you in "the spotlight" :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love this! Such a great mix of patterns!!

Traveling Mama said...

Oh my! This is just TOO cute! I love it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

beautiful card.

Susan said...

So cute - I love it!

Bethany Paull said...

THIS was a quickie?!? Oh my word, it's seriously incredible.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very sweet card! Your design and use of color is awesome! Great job! :)

Alison Bryant said...

I think this is one of my favorites of yours. I love the colors, the patterns, and especially the use of text as a background. Bravo!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

This is such fun and funky dsp! Way to rock out this color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Annette J. said...

Christi,
I love the teapot card from the June KOM, I can't wait to try mine!
Annette

Julie Campbell said...

Wowza! This is SO CREATIVE and beautiful and fabulous.... I think I like it. ;) Great job!

Julie Campbell said...

Wowza! This is SO CREATIVE and beautiful and fabulous.... I think I like it. ;) Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails