Monday, June 08, 2009

It was a Scrapbooking Weekend!

I took the weekend to play with some fun sketches from a site that is fairly new to me, 52 Sketches/52 Weeks.


This first layout is from sketch #16.


This photo is one that my mom took when she and dad were here visiting. The photo is my dad on the left and me on the right with Kat in the center. I love the photo and think that it is a bit symbolic of the support that family gives and I {and Kat} am blessed to have!



Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Birdie Inspiration
*Collage Press paper collection
*Little Yellow Bicycle Die Cut paper (green)
*MME paper
*Memory Box Damask stamp
*Marcella Chipboard family
*MM ledger paper
*Marvy Uchida scallop punch
*vintage buttons
*Memories brown inkpad
*CTMH Breeze inkpad
*Bazzill cardstock


*********

This second layout is from Sketch #14... I just turned the sketch on its side.

These are some photos of Kat & Ben playing with his guitar over the winter. I have loved these photos, but was never really sure how I wanted to showcase them. This works for me.

I love the effect that bunching up ribbon does for a layout. I used FabriTac for this and am not sure that I could do it without it. LOVE that stuff!

Supplies used:
*Collage Press paper collection
*Bazzill Kraft
*Bazzill scalloped cardstock
*MM ribbon
*buttons
*FabriTac
*inkpads for sponging papers
**********

Today is the first official day of summer around here (i.e. no school.) Ben is also out of town this week so we had a very lazy morning. Kat even slept til 7:30 which is unheard of...of course, now she doesn't want to take an afternoon nap which isn't boding well for my personal productivity today. I am just hoping that I get a shower at some point. ahhhh, summer!



4 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Gorgeous layouts Christi! I've been dying to get a picture of our family like you have in the first LO! I think it's just the sweetest thing with the handholding and mostly seeing silhouettes. Beautiful!

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful layouts!
Erin is the same way if she sleeps in mornings. She just doesn't want to nap :0p

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Definitely memories to cherish for a lifetime. You captured them and displayed them very artistically! Love your art!!!!

Stephanie said...

These layouts are beautiful! You always do such wonderful work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails