Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday Update...

Hello from chilly Illinois! I am so not ready for coat weather yet, but I don't think that Mother Nature really cares what I want because it appears to be here whether I am ready or not. *brrrr!* She's ready for just about anything though except for when the yard transitions to the sidewalk and then she kisses the sidewalk with her face. I hate seeing her bruised cheek. :o(

Around here, I am in full Christmas prep-mode! I am in the midst of making about half a dozen Christmas presents. That includes putting together my parent's Christmas present for Kat yesterday. I really love flat-pack furniture...I swear it is Legos for adults (yes, I like putting legos together too!) But anyway, I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon putting this together...


Isn't it pretty?!?! It looks even better in her room than I thought it would. Thanks, Mom& Dad!!!! FYI, it's part of Target's Shabby Chic line and is MUCH BETTER quality than you would guess with the price!

And a random card share. I made this card for a magazine call a few months ago and never got it submitted or posted here on the blog.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Birds of a Feather
*MME papers (their Valentine line from last year)
*watercolor pencils
*MM metal embellishment and ribbon
*Fiskars Threading water border punch


In other news, I downloaded the new Twilight soundtrack this week...OMG!!! I LOVE IT! That Linkin Park song simply gives me chills. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!! ...and I seriously need to re-read the book.


I hope that you are having a fun weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you did a good job of putting it together -- thanks for doing the hard part of Kat's Christmas gift!

Kelly said...

That dresser is gorgeous!!

I played with my water brush and watercolor pencils yesterday. How fun!! I had my 7 and 9 year old playing with my stamps and pencils too. We had fun. Thanks for the tips!!

Carolyn said...

Yes, I just downloaded the Paramore song, for Twilight... chills here too. I cannot wait until the release of the movie, already planning a big night for that one.

Love the dresser! Very pretty.

Amy said...

I need to go check out that soundtrack!! Love that dresser...I'm calling you if I ever need to put furniture together...I'm terrible at it!

Unity Stamp Company said...

That little girl of yours is so sweet. Poor little bruised up cheeker. Looks like you are one busy, yet organized mama! You are amazing! LOVE the furniture! ...and as always the card is adorable!

Fink said...

I always hated the transition of crawling to walking since it is always a reason to have heart failure! LOL But with the bumps and brusies comes the learning.

Rita said...

Poor little Kat! I hate when they fall and get banged up -- it makes you feel so bad! She looks like she's a trooper though! :)

Oh that dresser is so pretty! I always wondered if that Target furniture was sturdy -- it sure looks nice. I'm glad to have a first hand review! ;)

I can't wait for Twilight either -- I was hoping to re-read the book as well, but someone has my copy right now. And now I will have to go check out the soundtrack.

Beautiful card as always!

Mary Jo said...

What a pretty dresser!
And Erin is tumbling all of the time these days, too! She is going to add gray hairs to my head soon if this keeps up :0)

So excited to see Twilight! I'm hoping to actually go the weekend it comes out at some point.

DawnW said...

Cute dresser

poor Kat's cheek!

I will have to check out the sound track...still waiting to read the book....the waiting list is TOOOO long.

Related Posts with Thumbnails