Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's a Hip-Hopping Kind of Day!!!

Happy Unity Hip-Hop Day!!!

If you haven't come here from Laura's inspirational blog, then you need to head over to Angela's Unity blog to start off on your blog hop journey.

I have a couple of projects to share with you today. This first one is a card that I made using one of the new releases for this week, US-542A Wee Forest Shanty (I love the name as well as the stamp!!!) The card was designed using Amber's card sketch for this week.

For this stamped image, I used my watercolor pencils for the coloring and then just added a bit of white glitter to give it that frosty look. I think that this stamp is so adorable!!!

Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Company Wee Forest Shanty
*watercolor pencils
*black StazOn inkpad
*K&Company paper and chipboard
*American Crafts ribbon
*brads

**************************************************

For my layout, I took one of the photos that I took of Kat from the weekend and blew it up to 5x7. The design of the layout is based upon the Inspired Blueprints Sketch #3.

Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Butterfly Beauty Kit (this kit is only ONE PENNY today with a $100 order...WOW!)
*Unity Stamp Co. Mix Up of Cuteness (simply adorable sentiment)
*SEI Chocolat kit
*Martha Stewart border punch
*watercolor pencils
*Memories brown inkpad
*buttons
*scallop circle punch by Marvy Uchida

If you missed it yesterday, I posted a quick tutorial using these butterflies on how to use watercolor pencils. Just scroll down to yesterday's blog post.


Now you need to head on over to Jeanne's blog. I know that she will have some incredible gorgeousness to share with you...

PS...A really quick reminder that my 12 Days of Christmas Creating will start November 15th.

49 comments:

Tanis said...

So so so so pretty!!!!
I love the layout..the butterflies are so perfect!

chickadee3357 said...

Beautiful paper! I just love that scrapbook page! The butterflies are colored so prettily!

Jacqueline said...

so beautiful! I love your layout!

JazzyH said...

Great layout and card.

Anonymous said...

Super cute stuff here! Beautiful!
~Chelsea

Lindsay Spencer said...

Cute! I love the butterfly on the layout. It goes perfect with the page.

JenMarie said...

Ooo, totally FABU creations!!

Kerry said...

Great card and yet another beautiful layout!

Pam said...

I love these. I love the cottage for a Christmas card.

Patter Cross said...

Your layout is stunning, and I love your card! Wow!

Linsey R said...

OH, what a delightful holiday card, Christi! I love the charm of that cottage and how you made the tree look so awesome! And this lovely scrapbook page, OH MY! It is just stunning! Wonderfully inspiring creations this week--like always!! Hip Hip, buddy! :)

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Oh, that LO is so sweet! I love how girly it is!! And I need those cottages! They're just adorable! Great card and LO!!

Michelle said...

very cute card, love that new house! Your layout is beautiful! love the colors & butterfly.

Tink said...

Love what you have done , the butterflies and papers are so pretty.

Scrapacat said...

That is one cute cottage! Go Texas Tech - woohoo!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

SWEET projects Christi!!!

Mz Kel-z said...

And I even have that paper :)

Harley Dee said...

Love your card, I'm partial to stockings!! :D

Stampin Cats said...

I love the ornament look. What a clever idea.

Unknown said...

Love the Christmas spin on that image! Gorgeous layout! Really stunning! I love that SEI paper!

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, these are fantastic. Your layout is just stunning.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!

Michelle said...

Oh so gorgeous! I love them both and am in awe of your creativity.

Candace H said...

Oh, beautiful projects today! Thanks for the Hip Hop inspiration! And can't wait til your 12 days of Christmas!

FibreJunky said...

Cute, cute and more cute!!

Jessy said...

Christi- beautiful projects. I just love the scrapbook page. So pretty with the pinks and browns. :)

Unknown said...

Beutiful, I especially love the butterflies on your layout!

Ravengirl said...

I love your page! Great picture, great layout, great colors! And the sneak peek from yesterday was really fun!

Lisa said...

The title of your layout says it all simply adorable. What a precious little girl, great photo.

Fink said...

Love the card! The butterflies are very cute on the layout!

Paula Laird said...

Adorable card! Wow! I'm going to have to check out your tutorial! The coloring on the butterflies is amazing!

Beate said...

Lovely post. I love my watercolor pencils as well. I am terrible at real watercolors, but the pencils work wonders for me :)

Kristen Carll said...

oh my goodness that layout is so pretty! The little one is so cute! :) hip hop!

Jenn said...

love your christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and pages, Christi!

Emily N. said...

WOW! That scrapbook page is amazing! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Paula said...

What a beautiful page!

9kids said...

Love the colors in this LO.

Ashley Newell said...

Awesome stuff today!

joybear said...

Cute cards and the layout is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Such beautiful work Christi! I'm going to be back to check out your tutorial, thank you :)
Susan :)

StampinCathy said...

Just beautiful and hip hoppin inspiring.

Tracey said...

Beautiful projects!!

Shemaine Smith said...

I loe the alyout, I love butterflies I wish i could spend the 100 to get it for a .1!!

Scrappychick said...

Great new Avatar Christi...love the layout...all pink and girlie:) But that cute little winter coattage I just adore!
Cyndi

KSinMT said...

Love the butterflies layout! Kathy

Amy said...

That layout turned out so beautiful..love that photo of Kat..

Wendy said...

these are just so soft and pretty. love it!

Rita said...

GORGEOUS projects this week Christi! The layout is so precious and I really love that new wee shanty stamp -- so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails