Monday, November 03, 2008

Catching up...

Wow! I just finished a week of having Mom here visiting. We have the best time together!!! I just have to say though, that it is a good thing that we don't live near each other or neither one of us would ever get anything done and we would both be the size of barns. But a week of Scrabble and eating does a soul good a few times a year.


And while it is absolutely wonderful to have her here, I feel a bit behind on life {and blogging} this afternoon so I will quickly try to catch you up here...


First, of course, I have to share some photos from the past week...
First, some Halloween photos. These were taken Halloween morning of my mom and Kat.
My sweet little Fairy Witch...
My teenage son showing some kick-butt attitude (the good, I am a serious soldier for Halloween kind!) LOL!
Sitting in the stroller waiting to go trick-or-treating...she made it to 2 houses before she was through.
*************************************
It's been absolutely perfect weather here, so yesterday we went out to the park to play and take some photos...
Nana and the kids on the merry-go-round...
The kids and me on the merry-go-round (with Nana around, we actually get some shots of me too)...
This teenager is getting too tall for my liking...I just barely have him beat in the height area and I think that he is just really getting going.
He's discovered football this year and yesterday he was celebrating an awesome game (notice his Texas Tech tee--Get Your Guns Up!!!) I love that he loves my alma mater!
And just an incredibly cute photo of Kat and Flopsy...
There are times when I look at photos of her, like this one, and think that she must have an old soul...She has such serious and contemplative eyes.
Unfortunately, we had to wave goodbye to Nana today (although she left on a plane, not a train.) It's always so sad and quiet after she leaves... We miss you, Nana!!! :o(
Tomorrow, I will have a layout and some fun news to share!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Ok, seriously could she be any cuter?!! I think not!!!
So glad you had a fun time with your mom. Doesn't get much better than that:)
Kari

Amy said...

Those are awesome photos..can't wait to see what you do with them! Kat's the cutest Fairy Witch ever!!

Rita said...

Well darn it, I left you a long rambling comment on this post yesterday and my computer kept locking up and it's not here. (lucky you, eh? hee hee...I can ramble some more though...)

First, the kids look great in their Halloween gear -- Kat is particularly adorable!

Love all these great photos -- and I'm so glad you had a fun visit with your mom!

jo said...

How cute is Kat in that witches outfit?!?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails