Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hip-Hop, October Rock!!!

Yippee! I love Thursdays!!!

Welcome to another installment of
Unity Stamp Company's Hip-Hop Thursday!!!

We start off the fun and festivities with a DT blog-hop so if you didn't come here from Amber's Utterly Fabulous blog, then you need to head over to the starting point, Angela's Unity blog to get the details about all the fun {and bargains} for the day and where the blog hop goes from there.

Don't forget once you get to the end that you have a chance for blog-candy if you leave a comment. Then come join us in the Splitcoaststampers Unity forum where there will be fun and giveaways all day long!

We have started a new month and that means fun new happenings at Unity Stamp Company. One of the most anticipated of these happenings is the release of Unity's new monthly stamp kit. This month does not disappoint...I LOVE THIS KIT called Thinking about the Good Times!!!


So you know that I have to show you some artwork with this today! My first project is a simple card using 4 of the stamps from the kit (the swirl, pumpkins, owls, and Good Times sentiment.) First I stamped the pumpkins using White StazOn onto the kraft card base. I stamped the swirl onto a Making Memories Halloween Tag and then added just a touch of orange glitter to the tips. The owl branch was colored using watercolor pencils and then again a bit of orange glitter was added to them.


Supplies used: *Unity Stamp Co. October Kit of the Month, Thinking about the Good Times *Scenic Route paper *Bazzill Kraft paper *White and Black StazOn *Fiskars Threading Water border punch *Making Memories Halloween tags *corner rounder *watercolor pencils *orange glitter


For my second project, I have a layout to share. We bought our pumpkins this week and by coincidence, Kat was dressed up in her fun Halloween shirt from Target, so I just had to take some photos. The stamps used from the Sept kit are the polkadot ribbon (blue to the left of the photo), the owls, the butterfly, the bird (doesn't that look like the partridge from the Partridge family? I start singing their theme song every time I look at that stamp), and the pumpkins.


The design of this layout is based on a sketch from a brand-new sketch blog called, Inspired Blueprints. I think that this is going to be a good blog to keep an eye on for inspiration...I am already impressed with what they are doing!


Yesterday, I got my latest stamp order in (fun stuff, I got all the new Halloween stamps so am hoping to have some fun Halloween projects to share soon) and in it was a stamp, Scalloped Journal, that I had really debated about ordering because I didn't think that it was going to be big enough. I should know better than that by now with Unity's Wood Cassette Mounted stamps...LOL!


You will notice that the scissors in the photo here are the full-sized version of the Fiskars so that gives you a good idea of just how big this stamp really is. I had posted about it on the Unity forum and it was requested that I use it on a project for today. You will notice that it is on this layout! ;o)


Supplies used: *Unity Stamp Co Sept Kit, Thinking about the Good Times, *Unity Stamp Co. Scalloped Journal, *Unity Stamp Co. Worn Grid, *papers from MME, Daisy D's, Basic Grey, Bazzill, *StazOn Black inkpad, *watercolor pencils, *Marvy Uchida scallop punch, *Pink Paislee alpha stickers, *Fiskars Threading Water border punch

My final project for today is a masculine card. I could see this working for a guy's birthday. This card features one of the new phrases from the new stamp kit designed by AJ, Simply Said. To give you an idea of the sizes on these stamp, this card is a 5x7.


This card is a combination of a couple of challenges from Splitcoast, CC186 (color scheme) and SC196 (card sketch.)


supplies used: *Unity Stamp Co. Old Skool Ride, *Unity Stamp Co. Sign of the Times, *Unity Stamp Co. Simply Said, *DCWV papers, *White StazOn, *Martha Stewart brown twill ribbon, *copper brads

Now head on over to our NEW GUEST DT MEMBER, Anne-Marie's incredible blog...you all are going to be blown away by her scrapbooking if you have never seen it before...she's INCREDIBLY talented and she is your next stop on the HOP!!!


69 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Wow girl, lots of awesome and amazing stuff today! Love it all, and love the tags on the layout! Perfect!

Tanis said...

SUPER projects!!!
LOVE this kit :)

Jacqueline said...

oh beautiful!!

Sara Henton said...

Really great card. I like how you made the scallops to make the paper look like a fence.

Tamara said...

Super amazing projects today. I am getting very tempted to sign up for the KOTM, I just don't know if I would use it enough....

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Love it all...especially the LO- Adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects! I love your motorcycle card!

StampinCathy said...

This is some hip hoppin amazing projects. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, as always! But I especially love that little "pumpkin girl" -- such a cutie!!!

JenMarie said...

Ooo, awesome projects!

Tiff said...

All three of your projects rock my socks, but that layout is my fave! So precious!

Heather said...

Adorable layout! I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just wow! Completely wonderful stuff!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creations!!!
I love the vintage look of the motorcycle card!!

Candace H said...

Yay, the scallop journaling stamp! Getting it soon... perhaps today! Love it! Great projects and details this week. Thank you for the HipHop inspiration! Oh, and my son loves that motorcycle stamp... in his dreams will he ever get a real one, lol!

Alison H said...

What an adorable scrap page!!

Kathy H said...

awesome cards and layout...

Sawyer's Mommy said...

Can't wait to see what Halloween goodies you create.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects!

Brooke said...

Christi.. you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! ok.. i love your cards.. but its your LAYOUTS that get me every time!! you are SO INSPIRING to me! if i need an idea... instantly check out your gallery... the way you layer everything and make it all fit together perfectly is a show of PURE TALENT. love ya girl!!

Jessica said...

awesome projects!!! that layout is simply adorable! great job!!!

Emily said...

I love the pumpkins backgroud, will have to try that :)

Maren said...

Fantastic!! Love that first card especially...amazing colors and fun layouts!! Hot STUFF!

Kristen Carll said...

Christi! I love that layout girly!! So fab!!! Hip Hop!

Regan said...

whew- that was alot of hopping- great stuff!

mudmaven said...

So much wonderful stuff! ~chris

The Sonboul's said...

That lo is soooo PRETTY! I love all the stamping you've donw. CUTE STUFF IN DEED!

Molly Joly said...

I had the same thought about that journaling stamp - awesome!

Eva said...

WOW....your cards and your layout are super awesome!!!

Pam said...

The only thing better than owls is sPaRkLy owls! love them! Annd your layout is just precious. What a little beauty!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing the size of the scalloped journal stamp! I love the way you used it in the layout. I thing I need that stamp!

Stampin Cats said...

All these great samples of the oct kit are gonna make me buy it.

Anonymous said...

I am picking up so many ideas it's hard to believe. Thanks!

Ashley Newell said...

Cutest layout ever!

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, Christi, everything is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Look at all of these lovely creations!!! WOW! So inspiring! That layout is so incredibly cute! Love how you incorporated the Unity stamps on it!
~Chelsea

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Christi, your work always inspires me, and these are fab. That layout is so cute, and I was hoping someone would use that flourish stamp from the new kit, and I love the way you've made it look like a tree or a plant :)
Susan :)

Jennifer Buck said...

I LOVE that layout, Christi! It's fabulous! Everything is just beautiful!

Jackie said...

These are such great cards, a nice variety to all of them, I love it!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Love them all. The first one reminds me of a picket fence, and the owls are like little cats sitting a long it. I think it so cute. Great job, AGAIN!!!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Just love your Layout!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects and the scalloped journal stamp. Becca :)

Lee said...

Oh wonderful creations!! That scrap page is FANtabulously adorable!!

Ravengirl said...

Come on, get HAPPY! I love the layout that you did of your little pumpkin!

Unknown said...

Another week of awesome projects!!!

Ramsey said...

I just {heart} you Christi....oh...and your WORK....LOVE the LO!

Tiffmc said...

OMG, what amazing projects. Thanks for the inspiration!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fun stuff as always!!!

Joy said...

Fantastic cards! HIP HOP!

Scrapycandy said...

The owl card was amazing..love the colors! And the motocycle card was hysterical!

Lisa H. said...

thanks for the visual on that scallop journaling box! I love that about Unity, the size of the images ROCK! beautiful stuff, I especially love that page.

Anonymous said...

You never fail to amaze me with your work, Christi. I just LOVE looking at them, so inspiring. Thanks for sharing! {hugs}

Nancy said...

Such fun stuff! That owl card is too cute!

Jessy said...

Christi- your are one talented gal!! I am a HUGE fan of your work. I love the scrapbook page of Kat, she is soooo cute. Your cards are just gorgeous!! You are an inspiration! HIP HOP!!! :)

Lynn Ghahary said...

Love all your projects! I especially love you incorporated your stamps into your scrappy layout - great job! Thanks for visiting Inspired Blueprints and giving our first sketch a go! :)

Sandra MacLean said...

I adore your scrapbook layout!! It's beautiful!!

Lori said...

well that is it, hip hop is dangerous to my check book! I have been drooling over that tag stamp for a week now - so GOTTA GET IT! :o)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I love that masculine card - the motorcycle is great!!!

Christy said...

LOVE what you did with our first sketch on Inspired Blueprints! My daughter has that same shirt and I can't wait to photograph her in it - it's WAAAAAAY too hot right now here in FL, but you just made me even more excited! Love how those stamps just pulled everything together so well! :)

Heather said...

SOOO CUTE!!! Love them all!!

Catherine said...

That layout is adorable!

Unknown said...

Oh boy - love that LO!! Just so fun and the owl card - can't wait to get mine!! And I have that paper!! :) thanks for the inspiration! :)

LisaW said...

Hey Christi, thanks for dropping by Inspired Blueprints! Your layout is a great interpretation of our first sketch - and your little one is absolutely adorable.

Angela said...

Wow! Super creative!

Amy said...

I really love these projects! Thanks for a fun day!

Lila H said...

Your LO is a SHOW STOPPER!!! great work!!

Erika M. said...

Fabulous work!

Anonymous said...

ery nice layouts. Very nice

AnnaMarie said...

Christi, your LO is FABULOUS! :) Love your interpretation of the IB sketch, your pic is ADORABLE, and love the play on the title. :) Thanks for playing along with us! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails