Sunday, October 26, 2008

Everything, but the kitchen sink...

Okay, you all are used to my very busy, overly laden scrapbook layouts, but my cardmaking usually runs a bit more clean-lined. Well, that is not the case with today's card that I am sharing. Somehow, it ended up with quite a bit happening on it. LOL!


Unity Stamp Company is the sponsor this week over at CPS (card positioning system.) If you have never been by this blog and are a cardmaker, then you are missing out. Tami Mayberry is the creativity behind this wonderful sketch site and I have been a fan for a LONG time!!!

You can find this weeks sketch #88: HERE. I turned it on it's side and ended up with this...

Like I said, there is a lot going on in this card design.

Supplies used:
*Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder (on the brown cardstock layer)
*watercolor pencils
*Memories brown inkpad
*Marvy Uchida scallop circle punches
*pop-dots


I hope that you will find time to play along with the sketch over at CPS this week!!!

16 comments:

Maren said...

So pretty! I love how you turned it...fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious card!!! Just the way I like them.. "more is more"... haha! Fabulous! :)

Linsey R said...

OH, Chrisi--this is just darling! I have yet to find a way to use this adorable little stamp and what inspiration you've given me today, my friend! I love your choice of colors, all the fabulous patterns and flowers and how you altered the sketch to create such a unique and gorgeous version! FAB!! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! :)

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Christi, this card is just right! I love it!

Karen said...

Love your card!! Inspires me to do more layering!!! It's so pleasing to the eye!!!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is really gorgeous, Christi! I love it. I wish I had enough patience and attention for details to make a card like that!

Amy said...

Whatever you did it sure worked! I can't wait to see this one in person. It's beatiful!

Scrappychick said...

What a cool and fun eclectic card! (I did have to check that I was on the right blog though...not as clean-lined as usual, eh??) Kinda fun to be out of our comfort zone sometimes though :)

Eveline said...

Love it. I enlarged it to see it better.
Eveline.

Mary said...

Christi!!!!! I hope you remember me from CTMH and VC! I stumbled upon your blog (and favorite placed it) - it's good to see your creativity again! Stop by mine sometime - http://mbryt1.blogspot.com

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

i love the colors you used

Tiff said...

Christi, how did you do that frame??? This is just so inspiring!

Pamela said...

Great card!!!!

Charity Hassel said...

so sweet! love your take on the cps sketch!

Lea L. said...

This card is so pretty! I just love the flourishy frame you used, and those stamps are adorable!! Great job with sketch 88!

~Lea

scrappygurl said...

Can I just say that I love all this creativity, it is beatious!!!!! I wish I was this talented! Keep it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails