Sunday, January 06, 2008

Some fun news...

Well, 4 hours of sleep Friday night really did me in yesterday. I was in bed by 8:30 last night.

But yesterday was an awesome day! One of the gals, Laura, posted over on Card Studio Designs that she had been selected for a stamping DT and that the owner was still looking for a few people. From what I have seen of the stamps, they are just gorgeous so I emailed the owner and immediately heard back from her. I am a part of Unity Stamp Company's DT!!!

Go check out their blog...they have gorgeous stamps coming out at Winter CHA and it sounds like they have some really fun stuff coming... I cannot wait to start creating with them which should be REALLY soon as CHA is in like 4 weeks...


For those of you keeping track, I did finally manage to get my tree down and my house un-decorated yesterday. I am soooo happy to have that off my to-do list!!!

I did also get my card and layout done for yesterday, although with my lack of sleep, they aren't anything too fancy at all. LOL!

Here is my layout. On this, I used some Creative Imaginations paper, stamps by Technique Tuesday, Autumn Leaves, and Urban Lily, and a lace flower from MM. Very simple...
I think that you will have to click on the photo to see it, but that very sleepy little girl has some serious milk dripping down her chin. So cute!


And then for my card yesterday, we were challenged to do a birthday card and this is what I came up with...
Supplies used:
*DCWV scalloped cardstock
*Foofala patterned papers
*PaperTrey stamps
*Prima flowers
*buttons, brads, and lace
...and I forgot to mention that I used the latest Creative Prompt to inspire the layout of this card.

Yesterday's gratitude: my online network of friends that open up opportunity and inspiration in places that I never would have known about without them.
smiles,
christi

13 comments:

Laura Williams said...

GIRLFRIEND!!!! i am so excited for you!!!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, and working with you at Unity!!! :) HOW FUN!!! (I can't wait to see your first stamp sets!!!)

Alison Bryant said...

Congratulations!! They were smart to choose you. Of course, I'm partial to stamps so I'm looking forward to what you design. Yay!

Janelle said...

congrats to you!

Carolyn said...

Yeah! Another fun adventure for you, Congrats on the new DT gig, it truly sounds like a good one. {smiles}

Very cute layout & card!

Raechelle Bellus said...

WOHOO Christi!!! This is fantastic news! Congrats and I am excited to be working with you at Unity, too! :D

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Congrats Christi ;)!! I'll be working with you on this DT too..It looks like a bunch of us 'Heart in Hand' girls made the team :)....

Alison Gibbs said...

Congratulations Christi.
Love the layout of kat and the colours in your card are great.
I just took down my christmas decorations yesterday too - and it looks so bare.
Alison

AJ said...

Congrats to you!!! I am also on the team!!

Rita said...

CONGRATS on the stamping DT! How exciting! I checked out the blog and it looks great -- can't wait to see what you come up with for them!

I think that "got milk" layout is too cute -- and so pretty -- love the mix of products you used.

Amy said...

Congrats Christy That's awesome! and the layout and the card are beautiful as always!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Congratulations Christi!
They are lucky to have you on board!
Have a fabulous day!
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Jayne said...

Congrats on the new design team!!!

Amanda Oates said...

I am so HAPPY for you!!!!!!! Congrats :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails