Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Meanderings

How is Monday already almost over? I have not gotten a thing done today, but I have been busy all day. I guess I have just pretty much played with Kat all day, which is okay. Some days, we both just need that. She is pulling up on everything or at least working at pulling up on everything. Sometimes she is successful...alot of the time she is not which means that she is starting to get covered in bruises. I hate this stage where they are constantly banging their heads. :(

Here are my LOAD challenge layouts from the weekend.

This first one was inspired by Creative Prompt #25. It's basically just random photos from our time in Texas last year. I think that it makes for a really fun layout.



And this is yesterday's layout. I had a new friend come over and we played with paper all afternoon. I love days like that! These are those fun new Rusty Pickle Chocolate Kisses paper that I posted about here. They are so much fun to platy with! This layout is titled The Snort and this is what the journaling says: "It's hard to tell it in this photo, but at around 8 months, Kat started communicating with us by snorting. She'd wrinkle up her nose and blow a breath of air at everyone around her. It was very cute."

And finally for today, I want to pass on some information about a fun giveaway. Catherine Matthews-Scanlon has a new book, Art from the Heart, out and she is giving away two copies on her blog.


I haven't seen this in person, but if you will recall this post here and here, she was the wonderfully talented creator of that HHS class. I just love her collage style and if I don't win the book, this is definitely one that I will be ordering from the bookstore. I am sure that I will be sharing more about it after I receive it either way!
smiles,
christi

10 comments:

Amy said...

Love those layouts Christi! I'm way behind on the CP's but hope to catch up in the next few days!

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi love those layouts. The one using the Rusty Pickle Chocolate Kisses paper is so sweet and I just love the colours.
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Gorgeous LO's!
Playing with your sweet daughter sounds like a FUN day!
Have a great week.

Sandy :)

Jeanne said...

Christi what paper is that on the Texas layout? Love it! Great job on them too.

Christi said...

Jeanne, believe it or not, that paper is K&Company...Happy Trails. I couldn't believe it when I saw that on the back...it is some that I bought off the racks at ACMoore. smiles...

Linda said...

love the paper you used for all those texas photos! terrific! and Kat is just a cutie-pa-tutie!

come over and play!

http://www.anotherangel.com/scrappad/

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

I admire you Christi....You're LO's are great and you've been doing a great job on keeping up with them. I can hardly keep up with the gratitude journal we're doing through HIH...

Amy said...

left ya something on my blog again...:-)

Susan Westberg said...

Christi - LOVE, love, love the Snort layout. I like working with pink so it caught my attention right away. Great job!

Catherine said...

Love your pages, and thanks for visiting....GOOD Luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails