Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Blogging Neighborhood...

I have decided that blogging is like a neighborhood. You have those friends that stop by all the time. They see you at your best, they see you at your worst. They know what you look like those mornings when you woke up late and go to the bus-stop in your pj's.

Then there are the neighbors who always look perfect...you only see them every once in a while but when you do, their hair looks fabulous...their house is immaculate, etc. Murphy's Law is...those are the neighbors that drop by when the dirty laundry was accidentally forgotten by the front door when the phone rang and you ran to go get it.

Lately I have had a few of the perfect neighbors drop by (you know those ones that have such gorgeous works of art always posted on their blogs) and immediately cringe and wonder what is on the post that they commented on. Because let's face it, the LOAD challenge hasn't exactly brought out the best in my art (that may be because I have been throwing some of these layouts together in 30 minutes or less...way late at night!) So today I am trying to make up for that and I actually started today's layout while it was still daylight out and put some time into the design of it.

I love this photo so I really wanted the layout to be fun.

Supplies used:
*MM Noteworthy paper
*MM Noteworthy journaling spot
*MM Anthology paper
*Anna Griffin paper
*Limited Edition stamp (YouNique)
*Hero Arts stamp (Style is Eternal)
*Doodlebug alpha stickers
*buttons

My second layout to share today is my LOAD from yesterday. It is another one of those that I did late at night just trying to get it done. Overall, I like the layout, but it needs more...more of what, I am not sure at this point, but I may be re-visiting this layout sometime this week to see if I can make it more "finished."
Supplies used:
*Collage Press Grayson
*Karen Foster Ruled paper
*Lil Davis swirl stamp
In other news, Kat started pulling up on things today and has finally mastered the hands/knees crawl. I have a feeling life is about to get very interesting around here as I try to stay a step ahead of her to keep her out of trouble. LOL!!!
smiles,
christi

13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Great layouts. It is funny how you will do one and then think it needs more. Sometimes you just have to walk away and come back later with a fresh mind.
Sounds like the fun is just beginning with the crawling Kat.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, I'll be the bad neighbor today. I've been on jury duty all day and now I am going to have to try and get a layout done!

Lisa said...

I don't know why that comment didn't have blog on there!

dianna said...

Love the colors in that 1st lay out*!*

I don't know if you were into scrapbooking and papercrafts when your son was a baby...but HOLY COW was my Mallory VERY interested in all of that paper on the kitchen table, starting at that pulling up stage. Since then, I can't get it out anymore until that kid is fast asleep...makes for sleepy Mommies late at night!

Let me know when you want to get started with the Decked Out Dames~I'll email you everything and get you caught up :)

Congrats again on Unity~can't wait to buy some of those beauties!

Amy said...

hey neighbor! :-) love the layouts, don't think you need to revisit the second one at all...but I do that to myself too sometimes.Can't wait to see what you do the cards when you join us!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Good morning neighbor, I enjoyed our coffee this morning. The top layout is absolutely fun as you intended. Of course with that fun picture how could it not be. Your second LO is great to but if you are thinking it needs some little change, it might be the balance in the lower right corner. Maybe the little tag could be the same as the map on the left and a bit larger. I visit every time you post but it took me a while to figure out LOAD. got it.

Rita said...

Okay, I LOVE that photo of Jacob & Kat -- hee hee -- it's so darn cute! And your layout turned out great.

And I for one, always enjoy your pages -- you are the perfect blog neigbor you describe in my book -- always ready with something beautiful for us to look at!

Melissa said...

Haha! Your top layout totally made me chuckle!! So cute!!

Alison Bryant said...

Love the stylin' nephew and niece! I think they get their style from their twin uncles. =)

Picture This said...

Knock, knock...... annoying neighbor dropping by! Don't worry my laundry is still piled up behind the door (just don't look when you drop by).

The photo of the kiddos is fabulous, love it. Love the playful layout too. I think you do such fabulous work, wether it takes 30 minutes or 3 hours.

Nancy said...

Another beautiful layout, love your work Christi!!! Kat sure is growing up fast. Hope to be a good neighbor to you.

Carolyn said...

Just dropping in for a spot of tea, hope you don't mind....with that being said in my proper english accent. hee hee Are we having fun now?
Remember life is to be enjoyed, and sometime we just can't be dressed all gusty up all the time.

I would take you as a neighbor anyday.

Theresa said...

Hello from your neighbour that is more often than not in her dressing gown when she visits!! Did I tell you about the time I locked myself out of my house early morning on day 3 of DH being away for 6 weeks?? With DS at 18 months and inside!!!
Beautiful work (as always), how can the day not improve just by visiting your lovely blog?

Related Posts with Thumbnails