Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year, New Goals, New Gratitudes


Happy New Year's Day!!! Dh has gone into the office, DS is outside playing, DD is taking a nap, and I am busy crafting the afternoon away watching my team (Texas Tech) lose...well, it was almost perfect! :)


For the New Year, I am starting a new project....a gratitude journal. This was inspired by Emily Falconbridge and there is a group of us over at Heart in Hands scrapping working together on the project. It's really a very simple project...there is some sort of card for each week of the year...so a total of 52 cards and each card has a place for me to daily write down something that I am grateful for.




I used a clear Rusty Pickle acrylic album for my cover, some of my fun new Collage Press papers, MM velvet alpha,Prima rub-ons, and Kim Hughes stamps.


For this week's gratitudes, I used a decorative envelope, with a tab created from the circle scallop punch. Jen over at HHS provided us with a quote that I have written at the top that says, “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.”—Albert Clarke


For the month of January I am also participating in a Layout a Day challenge being put on be Big Picture Scrapbooking & Lain. Here is my first layout done using Creative Prompt #17 as inspiration. Again, I used my new Collage Press papers on this layout.
smiles,
Christi
ETA: Wow! Tech ended up winning!!!

5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Christi sounds like you are going to have a busy time with all this crafting.
Love that layout of Kat. She is a sweetie.
Alison

Tammy Tutterow said...

I love it! Your journal is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

I wish I had your time and energy to get more crafting done. I wish you and the family a very Happy Year. Kat is sure growing fast. Looking forward to more layouts with the two kids.

Rita said...

You are creating up a storm lately and it sounds like you won't be slowing down! Love your journal and the idea. And I also love that layout of Kat -- those photos are precious and really do show off her beautiful eyes!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Love the journal and gorgeous LO of your DD.
Happy New Year!!!

Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails