Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good Intentions gone Very, VERY Wrong...

I decided last night that dinner needed to be a fun event for a change of pace.

So we spread a huge blanket out in the middle of the floor, ordered pizza, and decided to have a pizza picnic in the living room.

I let Jacob decide what we would watch since neither one of us older people wanted to really watch another episode of Dora.

He chose an episode of Pushing Up Daisies (we have these on DVD.)

{Granted, I haven't watched any of these shows in a LONG time, but from what I remembered, they were bright and sunny even though they were always investigating a murder.}

I figured that the whole murder aspect would go over Kat's head and that she would enjoy the visual eye-candy that the shows always emparted.

I was wrong.
Last night's episode focused on a murder by bee-stings.

Kat usually is in bed and asleep by 7:15. Last night it was 9:30 and only happened because I sat on the stairs outside her bedroom where she could see me for 2+ hours.

Today, we are trying to reverse the trauma by watching Pooh Bear...
with friendly honey-making bees.

I thought that a happy bee card might help the healing process too, so here is today's Caardvarks Sketchfest card...
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Little Buggers
*Unity Stamp Co. Bitty Backgrounds (circles) FREE if you become a subscriber to the Unity kit of the month this month!!!
*Unity Stamp Co. Giving it all Meaning (Dictionary background)
*Prima packaging (that black and white dotted paper is the backside of their bling packaging)
*Foofala paper (yellow)
*Nestabilities Labels
*Marvy Uchida circle punches
*Making Memories ribbon

Let the healing begin...




12 comments:

Angie Blom said...

I love that show too. Haven't seen it in awhile might have to buy the dvd's.. I just love your card and what inspiration, hope she gets over the bee thing. poor thing, you are such a good mommy to sit outside her door for 2 hours.

Scrapacat said...

Poor Kat!! I love that show, however. Tell Kat that bees take very good care of their children. Maybe that will help? Beautiful card!
~ky

Diane said...

Very cute card! I am laughing as your life sounds like mine...not funny...but you have to love her...poor baby!!

Mom/Nana said...

Aww, poor Kat! I think you should let her have this card so she'll have happy thoughts about bees.

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

What a great story...made me laugh! And LOVE the card. My kind of colors. I enjoy when crafters share how a card evolved. We went to the beach with friends when our sons were 3 and the other mom told her son that the waves would come and carry him away as a way to prevent him from being too adventerous (he had no fears). My son was apparently near by while she was telling her son and he wouldn't let either his dad or me anywhere nead the water!!!!!
Hope your daugther recovers soon...

itsallrosi said...

love the card!

we're also Pushing Daisies fans, and were so disappointed when it got cancelled. in fact my daughter and I started making pies in protest, so that was a good thing.

StampinCathy said...

That is so sweet to sit outside her door and to make this fabulous card to make her happy. You are such a great mom.

Kelly Mahany said...

What a cute story! And a wonderful card too!! I love it!!

dstandard said...

What a cute story and card!

lauren bergold said...

oh NOOOO! well, if anything can change someone's mind about bees...it'll be this sweet card!!! GOOD LUCK! :)

Nathalia Castellon said...

I've got a feeling you're going to need to make a few more friendly bee cards in the next few days!!! LOL Maybe some cupcakes with sweet bee picks would sweeten her up a bit more? Cupcakes always make me happy! ;)
Anyway, love your card today, it's definitely a sweet and cheerful card!

Dave said...

Ahh, poor thing. But it makes a great story at least. :-)

I do wonder how many kids were scared to eat their tomatoes and cucumbers in fear that this one might by Bob or Larry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails