Friday, September 25, 2009

Evolution of a card...

Okay, let me preface this post by saying that this card is NOTHING like what I envisioned when I sat down to start working on it...LOL! NOTHING!

This is my card for today's Caardvarks sketch and I was totally stumped for a color scheme so I decided to incorporate the Moxie Fab Challenge for this week (to use gradient color) and of course, purple is mega-hot right now so that was an easy choice for me.

The sketch has 3 squares on the left side of the card so I thought that this would be a great way to show off the new kit of the month incentive kit from Unity, Bitty Backgrounds. From there the style of the card just evolved into the card that you see here. The Mr&Mrs sentiment is one of the (MANY) stamps in this months Unity kit of the month, Go Ahead Wish. I love the elegance of it. It would be perfect for an anniversary or wedding card.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Bitty Backgrounds
*Unity Stamp Co. Go Ahead Wish
*Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
*Marvy Uchida square scallop punch
*Fiskars border punch
*purple twine
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*various cardstocks

Thanks for visiting today!!!


12 comments:

Nathalia Castellon said...

Love these colors! Wonderful card!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors of course! Thanks for posting a card with the bitty backgrounds. I was undecided if I really "needed" them but you have sold me on them! :)

Charlene said...

simply gorgeous! Love, love the purple tones! :)

SmilynStef said...

Love those pruples and the layered punched borders.

Sue Jones said...

Gorg Card ..love those colours :D

Lisa H. said...

THIS is fabulous. love it!

Amy said...

I LOVE you new look here Chica!! How Fun!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Christie! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Vanessa said...

Wonderful colours! Love it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Rita said...

So pretty -- love the purple!

Helen F. said...

Gorgeous! I love the way your card came out ~ even if it wasn't "planned" :o)

Dawn said...

Sometimes the "mess-ups" are the best ones! Love it. And let me add, love the caricature of yourself in your banner. Super clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails