Thursday, August 06, 2009

We're Hip-Hopping through August!!!

Hip Hop Peeps!!!

How are we already almost a week into August?!? Time is flying by and it's time for another Unity Hip Hop celebration! Yippeee!!!


This kit is only available for stores to buy wholesale to sell to you and I love it! Such amazing images in it and I still haven't gotten to get all my favorite ones inky, so keep an eye out as I will have much more to share with this kit!

I have a layout and a card to share with you today using this kit. This first project is my layout using that oh-so-versatile Bingo card that is in this kit...brilliant design! You just add whichever top you want to the bingo card. I couldn't decide on which one I liked best so I just simply used them all! ;o)

These photos are of Kat simply playing out in front of my parents house in Texas. You can see the simple joy on her face as she runs around so that "100% Happy" was absolutely the perfect stamp for this layout.
I got the layout done and it just seemed to lack a little something so I added in the butterflies from Bevy of Butterflies. I can already see that kit is going to be one that I use a TON just for added details like this!
Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Bevy of Butterflies
*October Afternoon papers and card
*K&Company Die Cut
*flat-back pearls
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*ribbon
**********
My second project is a card that I created using the packaging that the Unity stamps come in. I have been saving these because I LOVE that little cut-out window on the front of the package. For this card, I stamped the star on the acetate using my black stazOn pad and cut it out. You may be able to see that a little better if you click on the window to enlarge the card....
Supplies used:
*October Afternoon papers
*MM ledger paper
*MM lace trim
*buttons
*StazOn Jet Black inkpad
*Fiskars border punch
*corner rounder
*Bazzill Kraft
*Unity Stamp Co. packaging
******

Now you need to Hip HOP on over to....

18 comments:

Kerry said...

Very cute layout and card!

Unknown said...

Christi, your LO is precious and I luv the ribbon and buttons! Your card is too cute...great way to repurpose the package and love the background papers!

Sherry Campbell said...

Holy cow! That LO is tooo cute and so is Kat! I save the packaging too- I know there's lots I can do with that little cut out window!

Purple Princess said...

Love your layout!! Fabulous card!!

Shemaine Smith said...

Love your projects today Christie!!!

Maureen F. said...

Beautiful work !!!

chickadee3357 said...

I love your LO! Those bingo cards are so great! Such a cutie pie too!

Mary Friederichsen said...

your layout is adorable! and I love the pearls on the butterfly...well just everything abouot the layout really!
And your card..I just love also! that is frameable art!Great idea for the window on the packaging! Wish I had thought about that one!:) I save the front of the packages and put an eyelet in the corner and hang them on a large ring to use as a index to flip thru so that I know which sets I have...
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you sure do rock the Unity!
~Chelsea

Christine said...

Wow, both of your projects are awesome. Unbelievable that your daughter is that old now. I totally love those Bingo cards too and that Butterfly stamp set is awesome. Love your star on your card. Stamping it on acetate gives it such a cool feel. It's been fun hip hopping to everyone's blog. See you in the forum.
xoxo, Christine

Suz said...

Super layout Christi - you are oh so talented

Lisa H. said...

FABULOUS work! great layout and love the card.

JPScraps said...

Love the layout & how you used the bingo cards. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

beautiful layout, Christi! Lovin' the bingo cards...and of course the butterflies add the PERFECT touch :) Thanks for sharing!!

Tamdsgns said...

great idea using window, cute stuff!

Tina Mayo said...

that is sooo cute!!

FibreJunky said...

I totally love that layout!! I can see why you couldn't decide which topper to use on the bingo cards. Kat looks so happy, too. Love it!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Been too long ~ finally had some time to come by and visit and WOW! LOVE all the stuff you've been creating!! Kat is too adorable!!
Hope you are all well.
Have a great weekend.
Sandy

Related Posts with Thumbnails