Monday, September 01, 2008

Hello September!

LOOK at this! The new Kit of the month for September from Unity:


Quote for this week:

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance,
all things are attainable.
~Thomas Foxwell Buxton
Good morning!! It's a bright Monday morning, but I have to tell you, I DID NOT want to get out of bed for that 4:00 am workout this morning...that's the great thing about DH and I working out together. On the days that I really don't want to get up, he is there to push me out and onward and it works the other way too.

Right now, he and Jacob have gone out on their first kayaking excursion. I can't wait for them to get home to see how it went. So it is just us girls here today for this holiday Monday. Kat is about to wake up from her nap so I better make this quick.

Just a fun couple of projects to share with you today. I finally found a bit of time to really sit down and play just for the sake of playing over the weekend and this is what became of that playtime.

This first project is a card using a modified version (i.e. size) of last week's SCS sketch.



This is the new line out from Scenic Route and I almost didn't order it....I am so glad that I changed my mind because I absolutely LOVE IT!

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. KOM- August
*Scenic Route Sonoma
*Martha Stewart border punch
*Marvy Uchida Scallop circle punch
*brown inkpad
*buttons


This second project is just a simple bookmark using the new Unity kit, Hey Chick, that I just got in. Isn't it fun!?!


This little birdie's tail feathers definitely called for a little bling!

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Hey Chick kit
*American Crafts paper & ribbon
*Watercolor pencils
*brown inkpad
*Marvy Uchida Oval punches
*ultra-fine glitter

And a bit of more fun news for today with it being September 1st...Cyndi Bundy is the new guest DT member for Unity. I am a huge fan of Cyndi's work so I can't wait to see what she creates for us this month!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the little houses in that kit! And your projects are lovely, as always. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the kayaking - they did take the camera, didn't they?! And good for you to persevere with the workouts. Have a happy September!!

Rita said...

Wow I just love this Kit of the Month -- so adorable -- as are your card and bookmark! I love the fun colors in that new Scenic Route paper and the funky paper and bird on your bookmark are so great!

Melanie said...

I totally know what you mean about NOT wanting to get up in the AM to work out! DH is awesome at coaxing me out of bed, and it usually takes me close to an hour to wake up after getting up. :D

Love your cute, vibrant card and bookmark!! And I look forward to seeing what you make with the Sept KOTM -- it's incredible!!!! TFS!

Linsey R said...

These are wonderful, Christie! Love that tall card, totall gorgeous! I LOVE this new kit of the month--so many delightful and inspiring images! You will do endless wonders with them, no doubt! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and let you know I gave you the "I love your blog" award today--see my blog for details, if you want to pass it on. hugs and can't wait to *see* ya on HIP HOP Thursday! :)

Alison Bryant said...

Both of those cards are so striking, the second one especially.
I love the kit of the month. I'm impressed with Unity more and more. The style is so distinctive, and often cute --without being cutesy. I like that a lot.

Tiff said...

I just LOVE your longer card! That paper is amazing and the layout is stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails