Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's a Hip-Hop, We-Just-Can't-Stop, Thursday!!!

Hello Hip-Hopper's!!!

Welcome to my blog!
I hope that you have come a hopping from Jen's gorgeous blog. If you haven't, you need to get this hip-hop started and head on over to Angela's blog first for all the fun announcements and then hip-hop on around on the DT hop.



I have several totally different styled projects to show you today, but first I have to show off my favorite.


When Unity Stamp Co. came out with EcoChic, I totally fell in love with it, but didn't really have too much of a use for it {which totally didn't stop me from buying it...LOL!} We have all seen the canvas bags for shopping bags in the stores and I have known that I really needed to invest in a set of them instead of always getting those awful plastic store bags which I usually just end up throwing away (see why I really didn't have a use for the EcoChic kit, I am not as environmental as I really should be!!) But give me a cute, stylish canvas bag and I think I can go a bit more green. Look at these....


I know, anything looks good with my gorgeous little model! :o)





Aren't they cute?!?! I just stamped my EcoChic stamps onto muslin using StazOn inkpads. I colored them with my normal Zig markers and then just ironed it all onto my canvas bags using heavy-duty wonder-under. NO SEWING INVOLVED...LOVE THAT! I covered the raw edges with those gorgeous fun ribbons that I bought at Hobby Lobby earlier in the week. And, get this...ALL the canvas bags are 50% off this week at Hobby Lobby!!! That smaller one came in a set of 3 that was regularily $4, but I got them 1/2 price so they were less than $1 each. The pink bag that is a bit more decorative came from WalMart (it was $6), but HL did have some fancier ones similar to that too...just not in pink.





I am not sure how they will hold up esp. with washing. I honestly will probably throw my sewing machine around the edges before I wash them, but I think overall they make a really cute, easy project!





I have also been having a play with the SCS challenges this week. This card is using this week's sketch, SC193. I used the new single from a few week's ago, So & So Loves. I just love that fun stamp. The other stamp, the I luv u, is out of the August KOM...unfortunately, that one is no longer available, but there is an equally cute one available for September so you want to be sure not to miss out on it.

Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. So & So Loves
*Unity Stamp Co. August kom
*Martha Stewart paper (blue)
*Scenic Route paper (red)
*watercolor pencils
*buttons
*brown inkpad
*Fiskars threading water border punch


Now you need to head on over to Robyn's blog to see what gorgeous eye-candy she has been creating this week. I can guarantee you that it will be gorgeous! Then come join us for the all-day fun, games and prizes in the Splitcoaststamper's Unity forum.

62 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

What great bags and your lil one is too cute!

Candace H said...

LOVE what you did with those bags! Great great idea that I think I will have to use one day myself! Thanks for the hip hop inspiration!

Anonymous said...

The bags are really cute, but even cuter is that darling model, Kat!!! And what a great card -- I may have to just copy it!?!

Patty Williams said...

Love those tote bags! My DD needs one and those are pretty !

Anonymous said...

love your creations!
~Chelsea
http://hapemome.blogspot.com

Becky R. said...

Love those bags! And the model is adorable too. :-)

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh wow! Love those bags! What a neat idea! Love the card too as usual, yours are always so fantastic!

Tanis said...

What a great idea!!!
I SO Need to do that with my Eco Chic set!

Theresa Momber said...

Fantastic projects! Those bags are too cool!

Unknown said...

fabulous stuff girl!!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

That's so ingenious! I love the bags, and your model is just adorable :)
Susan :)

Jennifer Buck said...

How adorable! LOVE these bags! :)

Anonymous said...

love the bags...whata GREAT idea!! eryn

Anonymous said...

OMW, those bags are just tooooo adorable!!! I will have to give one a try!!! Thanks for the great inspiration!!!

The Sonboul's said...

I'm loving those bags! love them!

Lindsay Spencer said...

I think your bags are darling.

Brooke said...

oh my!! those ECO bags are the cutest things ever!! you are so crafty and creative!! i love thinking outside of the box...YOU ROCK!!!! happy hip hop!

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always!!

Suz said...

Wow great bags!

Jingle said...

What neat projects! Very cute!

Lisa H. said...

how cool! great bags and love the card too. TFS!

Unknown said...

what a great idea!!

JazzyH said...

Great bags!! Your model is adorable as well.

Lisa L. said...

Oh my they are gorgeous!

JenMarie said...

Eeek....LOVE these bags!!

Amber said...

Those bags totally rock! What a great idea!

Tiff said...

your card is so cool! Love the colors! And those bags, well they speak for themselves! Brilliant!

Scrapycandy said...

The bags are terrific! But the model...now where did you find that adorable thing (wink wink)?

Kristen Carll said...

OK first off... your little model is ADORABLE!! I think that your bags are unique and fun. If someone asks you where you got it you can say you made it yourself, and refer them to Unity, which therefor gets us all more Unity friends!! Thanks for sharing your bags with us!

Anonymous said...

I love these environmentally friendly bags! The trick is to remember to bring them with you when you go shopping! :)

Kathy H said...

Hey Christi...now I need that Eco chick set...Maybe I can win it...I would love to be able to be Earth friendly and make up some of these bags too....

Unknown said...

Tooo cute, however the model is much cuter.

Tanis said...

Commenting AGAIN on how AMAZING the bags are....
Super fun!!

Kelly Braund said...

So cute! Great idea for the bags, I see Xmas presents to be made :)

Candace H said...

Okay, I'll "Ditto" what I said earlier... LOVE the bags and cards. Thanks for the hip hop fun!

Theresa Momber said...

Those bags are still awesome! LOL.

Jenn said...

Love the bags, but of course I'm fond of PINK (so it's my fav!) and where did you ever find such a cute model? :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is cuter - the bags or the little sweetie holding them!! LOVE HER!!!

I love this set - you did a great job with it!

-Taylor (stagccva)

Anonymous said...

What bags? All I see is your sweetie pie model!!!

What a fun and easy idea. These would be great to put a gift into.

Lindsay Spencer said...

ditto, and I really do love those bags.

Moosisk said...

Love your bags! Goes great with the whole "green" scene. Let's hop til we drop!

Sherry Campbell said...

I love, love LOVE your canvas bags. I made one before and it didn't turn out nearly as nice! Of course, I didn't have a cute model either!

Stephanie Niavez said...

These bags are "sew" cute! I need the Eco Chic set.

Anonymous said...

Well, you crafty, clever girl! No wonder you are bogged down this week...if all of the projects on your list look like these!! Absolutely off the charts :)

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is as cute as can be. Lisa

MHorne5501 said...

I would love to win. I love your bags. They are very inspirational.

Anonymous said...

ditto

Jackie said...

OMG! I am LOVING these bags! Excellent work lady!

Anonymous said...

I love the bags I love carrying my bible to church in bags like that and I carry one as a purse sometimes, but these are so adorable, I love them....I would have a bag for every occasion that i attend...so far just have five different kinds of bags but nothing like these...I will have to make me one....Thank you for sharing them with us.

Ashley Newell said...

I'm telling you, you need to make and sell those! They are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Your model is adorable and the bags are great! I need the eco chic stamps so I can make a bag too!

j.k.snyder@verizon.net

Laura said...

How earth friendly.... AND cute (total bonus) Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

Wendy said...

BRILLIANT!! Just BRILLIANT!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome projects Christi!!! Hip Hop!

Heather said...

LOVE those bags and that card is sooo sweet!!

Carolyn said...

Oh Kat is just too darn adorable! She is getting so big too... yikes slow it down...hee hee Oh I am Unity blog hopping. I am actually having a fun time. I never get a chance to do it, and it happens to be a friend one, but my stamping friend is on the Unity DT..LOL Always, your work is fabulous like always, and those bags are to die for, you should open and Esty store and sell them. Good Idea, huh? Hope all is well with you, I am just a bit tired these days, and cannot wait until the weekend. I need some R & R.

Ravengirl said...

I love your canvas bag! That is very creative and green, too!

Maria said...

OMG, these are fantastic!!! Your model is awesome!

Molly Joly said...

Those bags are SO unique - great job!

Heather said...

Your dd is adorable!!!! Love the bags and the card!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, Christy these are STUNNING! I want one!;) Kat is lookin mighty cute with her little model self;)

Linsey R said...

OH, Christie! These are all kinds of fabulous!!! You are super creative and I'm inspired to try this project! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent! :) hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails