Monday, September 15, 2008

Playing with some Challenges...

This week's quote of the week:
It isn't hard to be good from time to time.
What's tough is being good every day.
~Willie Mays

I told y'all last week about the month's worth of sketches that Jacksonbelle Embellishments are posting as a fun contest. Well, we are now on week 2. Here is their sketch:


As is with just about any sketch I play with, I had a hard time leaving this sketch as is, so I had to turn it. Here is the card that I created with the sketch turned.


Supplies used:
*Inkadinkado
*Basic Grey paper
*Marvy Uchida oval punches
*Memories brown inkpad
*Martha Stewart flat-backed gems
*ultra-fine glitter
*Fiskars scalloped scissors


I also realized that I never got this posted last week. I have just discovered a new {new to me, that is} blog, KWernerDesigns. Kristina puts up these gorgeous color challenges and I just had to play with last weeks.

And the card that I created using this color inspiration:

Supplies used:

*Unity Stamp Co. August KOM

*Unity Stamp Co. Distressed Dots background

*Martha Stewart edge punch (the one that I talked about here)

*Derwent watercolor pencils

*cardstock

*Martha Stewart border punch

*White Sharpie

*buttons



5 comments:

Amy said...

Love these Christi! hope you're doing well in all this crappy weather!

Rita said...

Love those sweet little birds and that border punch looks really great! Both cards are so pretty -- as usual! :)

dianna said...

Adorable~love that blue and
brown*!*
Just saw your layouts on Unity...they look great :)

Alison Bryant said...

I love the cutouts of the little birds! How long did that take you?

Christi said...

Thanks everyone! Alison, they are actually MUCH EASIER to cut out than they look...I don't do time-consuming stuff!!! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails