Monday, September 08, 2008

Monday Mutterings...

Quote of the week:
Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.
~Douglas MacArthur


Well, it is only 11:00 am and it has already been a very strange Monday morning which began at 4:00 am with strange pulsating sounds coming out of the ground around our basement. They are still happening and the "guy" from our property management company has been round and there is absolutely no explanation for the wierd sound that continues on... so if you hear on the news about the ground opening up in Illinois....you know it started at my house. *eek*


It definitely made for an odd start to the week, and no, we didn't get our 4:00 am workout done today...we were too busy trying to figure out what the heck that noise was. I am hoping to find time for it later today if Kat will cooperate.


I have been playing a bit with my stamps this weekend. Unfortunately, most of it I can't show you right now, but I do have one card that I can share. I saw on Amber's blog last week that Jacksonbelle Embellishments is running a month-long sketch challenge using Inkadinkado stamps. I love Inkadinkado stamps, but I have several new ones that haven't even gotten inky yet so I figured that this was a good opportunity to play with them.


Here is the first sketch:
For my card, I turned the sketch, but left the orientation as a long (width wise) card. Does that make sense? I turned it and squished it to make my card look like this:

I used two Inkadinkado stamps: #97549- Patterned Bugs & #98272- Frame. I also used the papers from the latest SEI line. This is a 5x7 card.


4 comments:

Rita said...

I certainly hope you do not fall into a hole in the ground Christi -- how very odd about those noises! Eek!

Love the card -- it's so pretty. I love Inkadinkadoo stamps too!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

love the quote!!!
and what fun cards!!!!
hope you get some answers to the crazy sound!
xo

Amy said...

Very cute...!and great quote!...no weird underground noises over here..hmmm

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so glad your playing Christi! LoVE that card so fun:) Week two sketch is up on my blog!;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails