Friday, September 12, 2008

Good Morning!!

It is a wet and rainy morning here in Illinois this morning and with Ike moving onshore today, I have a feeling that a lot of you are facing the same style weather where you are or have it coming your way. Yesterday's hip-hop was so much fun. Thank you for all the loving that you showed for my projects and little cutie!


Today I just have a quick share for you. This was my project for yesterday's hip-hop just in case the bags didn't get finished (they have been in the works for 3 weeks, but something kept getting in the way of them getting completed.) I planned this project with a sketch first. I don't do that very often, but when I do, it makes the project go together so much faster so I thought that I would share the sketch with you too.

And now the final project. This is my Christmas planner/list book. It is simply a small spiral notebook and I have altered the cover.

I used three Unity stamps/kits for this. First the Wishes came from the stamp, My Biggest Wishes. I simply took my waterbased Zig Marker and only colored the Wishes part of the sentiment. I love using this technique to make my stamps more versatile. If you aren't familiar with it, let me know and I will explain it a bit further...it's super-simple!

The grey swirls in the background are from my favorite kit, Growing in Unity. I could easily use a stamp from this kit on every project that I make. Finally the Christmas images are from the kit, Bitty Christmas tags. I simply used watercolor pencils for the coloring on these.

I don't think that you can see it on these photos, but all of the jingle bells have a touch of glitter just to give them a more festive/holiday look.

I hope you have a fun {and creative}weekend ahead of you!

3 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

How cute! Oh, that makes me so glad that it's fall...then Christmas... =)

Rita said...

How CUTE is this notebook? I love your stamp and ribbon choices. It's darling!

Thanks for your sweet post on my blog about Apollo. It was a REALLY rough day yesterday and everyone's kindness really helped.

Carolyn said...

Super cute! but shhh about that "c" word. I'm so not ready for that holiday. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails