Saturday, July 15, 2006

Moving the furniture...


I combined the effer dare for this week and my creative prompt from Thursday to come up with this layout. The effer dare this week was to do a layout about a saying that you use all the time and that definitely can be associated with you. Mine is 'moving the furniture' and the journaling says: "As I grow OLDER, one thing has become apparent...my attic has become cluttered making it difficult to recall facts/info. Too much of the time, it requires moving the furniture in my brain to find a bit of info."

I don't know if you can see how I interpretted the art piece, but that is where the basic layout for this layout came from... Norah, does that make a bit more sense with how to use the creative prompt? Of course, there are not any rules on how to let them inspire you, but that is usually the way that I use them. :) Another example of how I have done this before is in my blog on May 11th (the original art piece) and May 19th (my interpretation of it done in a layout.)

So I promised you another and here it is...another Alfred Gockel piece...



I hope that everyone is having a good weekend! We went and saw Pirates of the Carribean last night so there are many "aargh, me maties!" heard throughout the house today.
smiles,
christi

5 comments:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Oh yes,I get it I think. Use the layout and/or the colors. I thought that was it but not for sure. I wish I had looked at this last one before I started my last page. It is in progress but I'm not sure if I can go with the prompt or not. Thanks

Rita said...

Love the page Christi -- great quote about moving the furniture! Love the new art piece too!

Lu said...

I love your layout and I LOVE your phrase. I need to move my funniture, too!!!

Missy said...

aaahhh Christi this is probably one of my favorite layouts of yours. I LOVE the theme and the over all design is beautiful. Great work.

Anonymous said...

love your effer lo!! Such a fun picture of you!!!
So glad to be back online and "checking you out"!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails