Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Writing on Wednesday...NaNoWriMo


It takes place every year in the month of November. 
The goal is to write 100,000 words (or a complete novel) in a single month. 
That is not a light thing.
 Overall, my goal the past month has been to write 1000 words a day. 
That's pretty easily do-able.
 Over the last week, I have up'ed that to 2,000 or 2,500. 
That's infinitely more difficult.
 For NaNoWriMo, I need to be able to write 3,000+ words every single day. 
It's NOT going to be easy.

My hope is to have my novel entirely plotted and planned. Yes, for that month, I am concentrating on a novel that I started in my head about 9 months ago...it's actually a trilogy, based on a family from Lubbock, TX. It's romantic suspense.

Yesterday, I wrote a brief description of it and thought that you all might like to read the story blurb.


Operation: Endgame

Jake's world fell apart when his best friend, Chris, died after his jet was shot down. Jake was in charge of the mission to recover Chris when he was shot down, but Jake failed. He failed a second time when he gave into his grief and passion and slept with his other best friend, Cassie, Chris' twin sister.

It's been six months since his world fell apart and he lost both his best friends, and now Cassie is in danger. She is being stalked and Jake is determined that he will not fail again. He will keep her safe, both from the danger that's stalking her and his own lust that threatens to overwhelm them both.
And because you all know that I like visuals on my posts, here are photos:

Cassie:


Jake:

These are my words so you are not allowed to copy, alter, or re-print them anywhere else without my permission. ;o)








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails