Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Sunday Share...

Yesterday afternoon, the kids went outside.
I was thrilled,
poured myself a glass of wine
and decided to take advantage of the momentary peace
(with this whole single parenthood thing, you don't get much of that,)
but then I looked out the window
and they were having so much fun
that I had to put down the wine
and grab the camera and go capture their fun.

When I first got out there, I had no idea what they were doing. I just knew that Kat was almost hysterical because she was laughing so much...

Jacob would let her crawl up on his neck.
Then he would slowly start to raise up...
and then he would fling her back.
(looking at this photo today, it looks much more dangerous than it did in person yesterday.)
They were having the best time.
I never truly imagined when we had our kids 12 years apart that they would have this much fun and interact together as much as they do.
And yes, she can totally beat him up. LOL!
She slayed the dragon.
****
Reflecting over her victory...
*****
And I decided to stay outside to play some football with them so we all ran around for a while.
****
She has her battle face on here...full intent on stripping the ball from Jacob.
******
He's getting so big. Every single time I stand by him anymore, I am getting shorter and shorter.
But not too big to go out and teach his little sister to hang tough with the big boys. He's such a fantastic big brother and a HUGE help to me.
I love these kids!
*****
And here is the card that I didn't quite get finished yesterday. Very clean and simple design to it which makes it a super easy design. I think that you could do a variation on this for a wedding design...wouldn't that be pretty?
The layout of the card is from this week's SCS sketch (#249...turned on its side.)
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Oct Stamp Store Kit- Wonderful You
*Basic Grey paper
*brads
*pop dots
*MM trim
*corner rounder
*marvy uchida oval scallop punch




6 comments:

Amy said...

oh I miss her so much!!! Love those pics and Jacob is so cute with her!! The card is gorgeous!!

Mom said...

Love these pictures -- what fun!!! And that card is so gorgeous! Love ya!

Rita said...

Awww...these sibling photos are the best! They look like they are having a blast! So glad they enjoy each other's company so much!

Your card is beautiful as always!

Unknown said...

Christi...This card is just soooo elegant and beautiful...Absolutely stunning work!! Xx

StampinCathy said...

You are so blessed with both your kids. Love the photos and you can just see the love in each one. I just adore your card.

Dave said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I miss you guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails