Monday, July 13, 2009

Just a *little bit* late...

Still blogging with you from Texas...

Today I have a card to share that I made for my niece's birthday (who's birthday was in May, but she was VERY forgiving about the lateness of it!)

This was a super-quick and easy card, but I think that it turned out pretty cute...


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Everyday Adorable
*K&Company Wild Raspberry collection
*watercolor pencils
*Memories brown inkpad
*brads
*ribbon
*Bazzill Kraft paper
********

Our time in Texas is about to end. :o( But that means that I will get to see my guys again and hear about all of their outdoor adventures from New Mexico and I am so ready for that. I have REALLY missed them!!! They are swinging by here tomorrow night on their way home to Illinois to pick up the canoe that my parents have stored for us for the last 6 years...the joy of military life! Then we all head home Wednesday (the guys driving, Kat & I flying.)
*********

Some things that I have learned while home...
1. Hummingbird nests are tiny! My parents have one that you can see right out their kitchen window.
2. My family is VERY competitive when it comes to Farkle.
3. Jacob and I need to get some rainboots so that we can play in the puddles with Kat this fall.
4. I know what new lens I need for my camera now for football season (I'm planning on Jacob doing more than just warming the bench. Thanks for the advice, Dave & Kara!!!)
5. I need my guys around! I miss those 2!
6. There is a way to use my phone that is much easier and simpler (I've only had it a year and a half. 5 minutes with my brother and I know 100% more! I am so NOT techno saavy!)
7. I know what I am doing for my niece for Christmas so maybe I will actually be able to get it to her on time!?!?
8. My addiction to Facebook is a multi-generational family trait! I'm in good company!!!

In other news, I got all my fabric for Kat's bedding today!!! I will share photos of it when I get home where I can upload my photos!!!

5 comments:

Katy said...

farkle and facebook -- two of my favorite things!! :)

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see the fabrics!

Jenn said...

I have been avoiding farkle, it looks addictive!

Cute card, hope you get to see your boys soon

Michelle said...

Very cute card! I love that stamp! Now... what is farkle??? LOL

Ari Vega-Macias said...

i am happy that all is going well for you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails