Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

{mom at Union Station in St. Louis}

My mom left yesterday after spending the last 10 days here. It was a WONDERFUL visit and I miss her already!!

{mom & kat watching the clydesdales at Budweiser}

My mom is absolutely my best friend. I can tell her anything and she may not agree or approve, but she will ALWAYS support my decision and me. I know that I can count on that!


{at the Pie Pantry in Belleville, Ill}

I think that she whispered in God's ear about Kat who was born against all odds. My entire adult life my mom has said that I needed a little girl whom I could have the same kind of relationship as the 2 of us have. No one was more excited about Kat's arrival than my mom...and you know what? She was right! ;o) I just hope that someday I can have the same relationship with kat that we share.

{kat & mom at Pie Pantry}

{mom at Archiver's}

Growing up, my mom was never into crafting much as a hobby for herself. She did the kid's crafts with all of us, but never pursued them as a personal hobby. But as I have developed interests, she has always helped to support me and my interests and made them her own and developed her own style and hobby. I love that we share a love of crafting and are always trying out new things when we get together. She is also EXTREMELY patient when she shows up and I haven't finished all my projects yet and will just play along as I finish up projects.

{mom at Starbucks in the airport waiting for dad to arrive}

{mom holding Kat up on the scooter on the porch...dad in the background}

My mom is the only person that I can play scrabble with because we play a special sort of game. No time limits, we play each other's tiles when the other person is stuck...we keep score, but only so that we know who needs to go first on the next game. We can waste hours and days playing scrabble, but we BOTH love it...that alone is a good reason for why we could never live in the same town because we would never get anything else done! LOL!

{mom & kat blowing bubbles}

My mom is an amazing woman and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She is an incredible person (as ANYONE who knows her will tell you) and I am lucky to be able to call her my friend, but best of all I am able to call her MOM which means that she will never be able to drift out of my life... it's a forever-relationship no matter what and I love that!

I love you, Mom!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

that is the sweetest tribute to your mom.. you are BOTH so very lucky to have each other. looks like you had a wonderful visit and did so many fun things! hope you both ENJOY your day today!

yael said...

it's so nice to see the realationship you have with your mother - the same is with mine and i cherich every moment
looks like you all had a great time together

Yvette said...

Awww what a sweet post about your mom. I just about cried when I read it!

Have a Happy Mothers Day!

Mary Jo said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!
Your mom sounds like a really neat person. So glad you were able to spend time with her :0)

Mom said...

OMG! What wonderful things you have said about me! I love you so much & I do hope you & Kat have just as special a relationship as we do! And Happy Mother's Day to you!!! Love ya!!!

Karen said...

What a wonderful testiment to what a strong bond mother's and daughter's can have!
It takes work but stepping out of our selves and appreciating the other's qualities(good and bad) can make any relationship strong!
Looks like we both had a 'Happy Mother's Day'!

Dave said...

Man, Kat has gotten big! I can't believe how tall she is now.

This is a great post, and I'm glad you posted it. Mom's awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails