Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New stamps...

Have you heard of Kim Hughes? Chances are, you have seen her work in a magazine or two (or three or four or five...) I was lucky enough to be on a DT with Kim a couple of years ago and have been so excited since she started her blog and announced her stamp line that she creates through Cornish Heritage Farms. Her blog is awesome because she always has fantastic eye-candy, gives great tips, updates pretty much everyday, AND she has great giveaways.


I was lucky enough to win one of those giveaways. It was supposed to be a stamp set from her second release, but luck would have it (at least for me) that her third release (that's released TODAY!) arrived on her doorstep first. So guess what I have had... one of those gorgeous new stamp sets to play with. I was lucky to get to play with Bloomin' Beautiful for the last couple of weeks. :)


My supplies used on these cards are:
*Kim Hughes/CHF Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set
*Kim Hughes/CHF Scripty Words stamp set
*Kim Hughes/CHF Vases stamp set
*Collage Press Citrus paper collection
*black inkpad
*ribbon
*various bling
For this card, I used one the stems to create the swirls. Tip, use a small circle punch in the corners to create the corner detail on these cards.
For this card, I stamped the big flowers using the "kiss" method with one of the little swirls. I then stamped one the tiny flowers in the centers and added a bit of marker detail around the edges.
This one stamp right here makes the price of this stamp set so worth it even if you never use one of the other stamps (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't use all of them...they are so cute!) Scallops are huge right now and this stamp (which I am assuming is some sort of sunflower) looks exactly like a scalloped edge medallion...perfect embellishment for any card!!!
Kim is also releasing 6 other stamp sets so go check them out. I also highly encourage you to stop by her blog and comment!! It's definitely worth the visit!!
oops, ETA: I forgot to mention that third card was created based on one of the Sept 07 cardmaps sketches.
smiles,
christi

5 comments:

Rita said...

What a FUN stamp set and your cards are beautiful! I love Kim's stamps -- several sets are on my wish list. You also always make me want to buy Collage Press papers whenever you use them. Where do you buy yours?

Alison Gibbs said...

What gorgeous stamps. You always create such pretty cards. Love the colour combination of the papers.
Alison

Laura Williams said...

so so cute!!!!! love those stamps!!!

Amy said...

wow again...Christi those cards are beautiful!! I will have to go check out those stamps...

Nancy said...

Man I just love what you did with Kim"s stamps. Love her stamps. Your cards and projects always are so pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails