Saturday, August 18, 2007

In Love with Collage Press

When I chose these Collage Press- Fresh papers for my featured product this week, I knew that I really liked them, but the more that I play with them, the more I truly LOVE them. They are so beautiful and the mix of patterns and colors is PERFECT!!! I have seen that this same line is available in a mix of pinks/oranges and I simply must get some...so if you know who stocks the orange version, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I have several new projects to share. The first is a simple Thank you card using this weeks Card Positioning System Sketch.

I need to add a quick note here about cards. I have always been a cardmaker and for the last several years, I have worked for several of the UK magazines doing LOTS of cards. As a result, I was seriously burnt out with the cardmaking and creating cards was becoming much more of a chore rather than something that I enjoyed. BUT that has completely changed recently after the discovery of all the card sketch sites like CPS. Having the freedom to create a card purely for the fun of it (without having to worry about the layout) has rejuvinated my ability to make up my own card layouts again without stress. I am even starting to create my own card sketches, but I will share more about that later. ;)

The only stamp that I used from the Purple Onion Flea Market stamp set was that little pin stamp, but I think that it adds so much to the card.

This second project is a layout of my brother's puppy, Daisy. My SIL, Kara, took this fabulous photo. If you live in West Texas and love your pets, she is the photographer to call because she takes beautiful photos!!! I didn't use any of the stamps on this layout, but looking at it now, it still seems to be missing something so I may revisit this layout in the near future.

Finally, this last project is Shannon Allor's circle journal. This cj has been missing for the last 7 months and finally found its way to my doorstep last week much to all of our relief. Her theme is "Peepers" and all the entrants in the journal have incorporated a photo of their eyes as well as a quote. I found this quote and LOVE it simply because it is so true!!

"Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination when awake?" ~Leonardo DaVinci

Knowing the magnificent things that DaVinci created, it is amazing and even a bit reassuring that he had issues with this too!


smiles,
Christi

7 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Those are great projects, Christi! Of course, I'm a little partial to one of them. =) That was very cute.
Off the subject...I have a scrapbooking question for you (or anyone else): I'm FINALLY doing my scrapbook from our trip to England. I want to secure throughout the book the several little guidebooks from the places we visited (Kenilworth, etc.), but I don't want to use adhesive, so that I can remove them when I want to. Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

funny how other journals are still missing.

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card!
Love your take on the CPS sketch!

Your LO is great too :)

Amber Hight said...

Love your projects! I really like that hat pin stamp! I have to get one of those!!!

Theresa said...

great stuff - I need card inspiration! Love the cj pages, what a super subject idea, and glad one of the missing ones has appeared again. Yep, love that pin stamp too.
And Alison, I have in the past made pocket pages for those booklets (I'm a native and I still have a cupboard full of the things!!), so you can easily pull them out. Just depends on the orientation of your page protector as to how easy it is.
Whew, essay over, sorry to hog!!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful blue eyes you have!!!

Rita said...

I LOVE, love, love what you did in Shannon's CJ -- it looks fabulous! And as your mom said -- your eyes are quite beautiful! :)

Note to anonymous -- Christi is the only one whose journal has NOT been accounted for, so please -- leave her alone! This whole thing became a mess due to inconsiderate people -- and Christi is NOT one of them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails