Thursday, August 23, 2007

Final Collage Press projects...

These are my final Collage Press- Fresh and Purple Onion Designs- Flea Market projects. I have had so much fun with this product grouping that I have had a hard time letting it go, but tomorrow I will be introducing a new product grouping that I will be concentrating on for a while. For those of you that are new to my blog...this is something that I am entirely doing just for me and to encourage me to use some of my favorite products and use up my ever-growing pile of stash. :)

This first project is an Altered Trading Card (ATC) for the ATC swap over at the Cottage. These little cards measure 2 1/2"x3 1/2" and are made out of Kraft colored cardstock. For the base of the card, I stamped the Hero Arts definition stamp (that my mom&dad gave me for my birthday :D ) first and then took one of the swirl stamps from the Purple Onion set and stamped it all around the edge. Then it was just a matter of punching the papers and placing them strategically around the words on the card.


This second project is a layout that was inspired by this week's Pub Ad Challenge. This layout is Kat with her Great-Grandfather. She was completely enthralled with him and I LOVE these photos...


I had a question about cutting the Purple Onion stamps. A lot of people like to use the Kai scissors for cutting their rubber. Personally, I have found that any really sharp pair of scissors will work.

BTW, today was Jacob's first day of Jr. High school and I was telling mom about the fact that he insisted on coming back in after photos so that he could give Kat a kiss goodbye (isn't that just the sweetest!) And we got to discussing what it would be like when she went to Kindergarten and how he would react to that and then we started doing the math. I am going to have Kat going to Kindergarten and Jacob starting his Senior year in high school the same year!?! OMG...how much heartbreak can one mom stand in a year of milestones, but I am not going to think about either of them getting that old yet! LOL

I'll be back tomorrow!
smiles,
christi

5 comments:

Rita said...

Christi, that is the sweetest story about Jacob kissing Kat goodbye. What a great brother he is! I love your ATC -- I started on mine today finally!

Rita said...

Oops -- I also meant to say how much I love those photos of Kat and Great Grandpa -- what a treasure!

Alison Bryant said...

So cute! I know Kat will treasure those pictures with Granddad when she gets older.
I hope Jacob's first day went well!

Travis said...

I wanted to stop by and look around for a moment. I have to admit, I'm not going to try any ATCs or onion paper projects, unless, of course, you can put onion paper on a hamburger, in that case... never mind! No need to be a jerk on my first visit! Anyway, I wanted to say that I connected with the story welcoming your daughter to the world. Very nice. And I really like the name Skylar. I might work that into one of my future projects, if you don't mind.

Theresa said...

Another fab ATC from the "Cottage" collection, so excited to be involved in this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails