Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday Fun #56 & Friends With Flair

It's time for the Friday Fun challenge!

This week our challenge was to create a card using a "woodland creature"...

I'll be quite honest with you. I have had a stressful week and my creative muse isn't liking that too much so this card is definitely not one of my favorites. I was trying to go for an elegant Snowy Owl look on a Christmas card. I don't think that I quite got the look that I was going for...
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Perfect In Every Way (owl)
*Unity Stamp Co. Christmas Bough (sentiment)
*white embossing powder
*SEI Christmas collection
*red velvet ribbon
*button
*Nestabilities Labels 3
*Fiskars border punch
*Sizzix embossing folder
*corner rounder


Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls blogs for more inspiration. We would love for you to play with us- just use keyword FFC56 when uploading to your SCS gallery.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO pretty! Love the frame around the owl, it's so pretty!

Sherry Campbell said...

Cute card- I love the frames and colors. Hang in there- it will get better. HUGS!

Kimme said...

I love the way you framed the owl. I think it came out very pretty! Great job! Thanks for the challenge.

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute Christi!!

Rona said...

oh your snowy owl is perfect I love it!

Christi Flores said...

How pretty!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love this Christi!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Great card Christi! I love the Spellbinders frames!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tracy said...

I love the frames around the owl! Great composition and use of the shapes.

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable-what a cool use of the Labels 4! Love the cute button, too :)

מימס mimms said...

cute card'loe your snowy owl !

Robynccgirl said...

The white owl is elegant! Love it!

Unknown said...

Christi...This card may not be what YOU were going for...But honey it just plain beautiful anyway!! Stunning owl!! I really wish I had him! Have a wonderful and no stress weekend! Xx

Unknown said...

Christi, love all the embossing on this card! Fabulous dearie!

Unknown said...

Clever use of the owl! Love it!

FibreJunky said...

I'm sorry you're having a stressful week. HUGS
It may now have turned out how you intended, but I love your card.

dstandard said...

This is fabulous - what an awesome card - sorry for the bad week - mine was too so I feel for you!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Dawn M said...

cute, love the colors

Kelly Mahany said...

Love the owl in white! Awesome job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails