Friday, November 13, 2009

Fabulous Friday Fun!

Welcome to Friday and the Friday Fun Challenge and Friends with Flair!
Fridays are Fabulous!
;o)

Today for our Friday Fun Challenge we are challenging you to make place-cards. With all the holidays coming up, this seemed like a great way to get one of those little jobs done that make things a bit more special for any dinner.

Being military, it's been a LONG time since we were close enough to include any extended family in our holiday traditions so it's always just been the 4 of us.

This year, it's just the three of us for the holidays. We traditionally eat Thanksgiving dinner at the club on base and already have our reservations, but Christmas will just be the kids and me. As a result, I am trying to come up with ways to make the day/s extra special so they aren't as sad about Dad not being here this year (this is the first time in 17 years of marriage in the military that he has missed Christmas so we are definitely not complaining.)

I thought that an extra little present with Christmas dinner might be a fun special treat and made little boxes into our place-cards for dinner. The boxes came from Emma's Paperie and I will probably put some sort of special little candy in them.
These literally only take 5-10 minutes each to put together so it would be super easy to re-create them for a large dinner party.

I like the idea that your place-cards can also be a party gift and the boxes are super cheap ($1.49/4) so it won't cost you an arm and a leg either.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Co Believe in Fairytales
*Unity Stamp Co. Frame this Alpha
*Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper collection
*Colorbox Red inkpad
*Clear embossing powder
*Nestabilities Labels 4 diecut
*1/4" red gingham ribbon

Be sure to check out the other Friday Fun Girls blogs for more inspiration(Jimmi is out of town this week.)

24 comments:

Sara Henton said...

How cute!! I love how you made them into little boxes for treats

Jacqueline said...

These are so wonderful!! LOVE the snowmen! Perfect for the table!!

Sherry Campbell said...

These are super cute- make one for me and I will come visit you for Christmas! :)

Unknown said...

Awww Christi, those place card boxes are soooo sweet...great idea! Hey, maybe you can add a sweet sentiment from your hubby to the kids in there too! Have a great weekend!

Rona said...

great idea - super cute

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is wonderful, your kids are gonna love it!

Eva said...

WOW...these are just soooo beautiful!!!

marcy h. said...

I love your boxes you created!! They are just beautiful!!

Jodi C. said...

LOVE these!! I had to use that snowman right away too!!

Becky Carafa said...

fabulous idea!

מימס mimms said...

great idea and the boxes are fabulous
i'm sure the kids would love it !!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, these are adorable!!

Angela Bassett said...

I love these, if I ever hosted dinner parties, they would make a wonderful addition!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow Christi! What a fantastic idea! Love your placecard boxes! Sooo cute for the holidays!

Charlene said...

Very gorgeous! I love them Christi!

Maria said...

Christi, these are fabulous! That's a great idea to make it extra special for them.

Unknown said...

Christi ...these are just gorgeous and I am sure that they will put a smile on your kids faces and make the holidays that more special!! The snowman is VERY cute and your idea inspiring...Ummmmm I have just had an idea using your idea!! Thanks Honey!! Xx

Heather said...

Girlie you are just too super fab! Great creations and wonderful place setting! Love it! I'm sorry you won't have hubby home for the holidays. I remember missing christmas with my family while I was in the Army, and just know he will be thinking of you so very much and knowing how much he is loved by you! Hugs!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!

stampjourney said...

What a great idea! The little boxes/place cards are adorable and I'm sure you and your children will have a very special Christmas together.

Erin McKinney said...

Very fun placecards..I am sure they will be mcuh enjoyed!

Elizabeth C. said...

Loooooove the place cards! That's such a clever and inexpensive way to dress up your table!

ANAT S said...

wonderful project!!

Kimme said...

Cute Cute Cute Cute Cute! did I mention that they are CUTE!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails