Friday, August 22, 2008

Random Ramblings for Friday....

Good morning! I have lots of nothing to share with you today...just some random ramblings which I have been thinking that I need to blog about, but simply haven't taken the time to type my thoughts out.


The Kids:
First, Little Bit is snapping her fingers. Can you believe that? Jacob taught her how this week and she does it all the time! How many 1 year olds do you know that can snap?!? She's so talented *said in an extremely proud mommy's voice*

Sorry about the awful photo...Kat's newest thing when I pull out the camera is to run to it as fast as possible and try to grab it. Definitely not the makings for good photos...LOL!



Jacob started school yesterday...8th grade. He was super-nervous esp. with it being a new school where he didn't know anyone. I think that it went okay, but it was only a half day so it was hard to gauge. I am crossing my fingers that today goes well. And being a horrible scrapbooker/mother, I just now realized that I didn't take any photos yesterday!?! Where was my head? We will have to have a do-over Monday...he will LOVE that! Gotta love a 13 yo, but he's a great kid and I am just praying that he has a good year...it can be such a hard age.



Me:
I don't think that I have mentioned it to you all, but I am on a new fitness regime...I just finished week 3.



For those of you that haven't read this blog for long, I swore off exercising a LONG time ago. Five years ago, I lost approximately 35 lbs with Weight Watchers and hit my goal weight (145 lbs.) plus some more (by using the eating plan alone...no exercise). When I had Kat, I gained approximately 50 lbs. I lost most of it although I never made it back to goal...I settled at about 150-155 depending on the week. When Ben came back from Iraq so fit, I started his eating plan and quickly made it back to my goal weight.



Well, I may have been at goal, but I have had this shelf on my abdomen from the pregnancy that I have NOT been able to get rid of. It's like a normal woman's pouch, but higher and yuckier so after seeing an infomercial for the exercise plan that Ben has been doing, I decided that it was time for drastic measures...I needed to add exercise to the mix.



So for the last 3 weeks, I have been getting up at 4:00 am (with him)- six days a week to exercise. After 2 weeks of this, I was actually at 146 and still had the shelf (not the results I was hoping for.) So this week, I have gone back to my old standby of journaling and counting points from WW and doing the exercise.



I measured this morning and things are looking up, although the scale still isn't showing much of a difference (a couple of pounds less)...I think that the results are finally coming. I keep hoping that my body is just in shock that I am exercising for the first time in a LONG time and is trying to hold onto everything and that one week I will just wake up svelt and slim...hey, it could happen.

The point of this...just to put it out there. I will keep you all updated as to how I progress. BTW, I am doing the P90X workout which is a 90 day program so I still have a ways to go.



Art:
Yesterday, the Hip-hop was a total blast (as it always is...those girls are fantastic!) I even managed to get another card made in amongst all the chat and fun.



Yesterday's Splitcoast challenge was to use tearing so the Unity hip-hop gals decided to step it up a notch and use a Unity tree too. There was an additional challenge to create a Green card so I combined that with the other challenges and quickly came up with this card....


It's kind of a mish-mash since I was working quickly. I started with one design and a different Unity tree (notice the right side of the base paper---yes, those are pine trees from the Simple Elegance kit...LOL!) and ended up going a completely different route using scraps laying on my work-table. I think that it kind of works.

Supplies used:
*Unity STamp Co. Tiny Trinity
*Unity Stamp Co. Simple Elegance
*Fancy Pants papers
*cardstock
*watercolor pencils
*crocheted lace trim
*Making Memories metal embellishment
*Marvy Uchida punches
*buttons

Life Quotes:
I really love this week's quote and am giving it some serious thought...hopefully, there is more to come in the near future in that area. BTW, every week, I write these quotes on a chalkboard that sits on my kitchen island so they are VERY visible and thought-provoking for the whole family throughout the week.



6 comments:

Laura Williams said...

OMG, i was just watching a infomercial on P90X last night!!! I was so impressed. You are a rock star for sticking with it!!! Love all your new projects, my sweet friend!!!!

Rita said...

I love this new card -- it's so pretty! And I am quite impressed by Kat and her finger snapping. Let's hope she uses it for good and not evil (like snapping for you to do her bidding! LOL).

I hope Jacob has a great school year! And good for you for the workout routine -- you need to bottle up some of that self-discipline and ship it my way! :)

Karen said...

I am so impressed with your dedication!! Keep posting your successes (and failures)! It keeps the rest of us motivated!!
Great card and I hope Jacob has a smooth transition into his new school!

Maria said...

How cute is that little one snapping. OMG, my little ones never let me take a picture it's impossible.

Good luck with your diet and exercise, keep it up.

Jessy said...

Christi- not sure if I told you yet or not, but I love the new layout on your blog. Its great to hear how well you're all doing. Check out my blog if you have a chance, I have a surprise for you!! :)

Theresa said...

Oh you are just too much!!! Great blog, fabulous art and craftiness, wonderful kids, AND getting up at 4 AM to exercise!!! Well done on keeping up with the exercise plan - anything beyond walking and cycling is too much like hard work for me!! Have a great week, I'm off for the Bank Holiday today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails