Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Inspirational Artist...

Laura (lauralooloo) is one of the other DT members on the Unity team. I have been on message boards with Laura before we were lucky enough to get to play together on the Unity team so I have been a fan of her style for a LONG time. Yesterday she proposed a CASE/scraplift swap and I jumped at the chance to lift one of her cards.

Here is the link for the card of hers that I lifted where she used Unity's Giggle Grove kit... The Simple Life Tree.


And here is the card that I created using the Birds of a Feather kit from Unity.
I love all the birds in this kit...they are just too cute and so easy to color. For this one, I simply used normal Crayola colored pencils. :o)
The fabulous thing about Laura's design is that it could easily be used for just about ANY stamped image...I love designs like that which is why I really find Laura's work so inspirational. I hope that you will go check out her blog...I think that you will definitely be inspired.
Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Birds of a Feather kit
*Autumn Leaves Heather Bailey paper
*Colorbox Graphite Inkpad
*Making Memories flower brads
*corner rounder
*colored pencils
*ribbon
*pop-dots
smiles,
Christi

9 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

What a pretty card, Christi! It matches your blog! lol! Love how you and Laura both drew inspiration from each other and still came up with very different cards. I agree... this would be a terrific group challenge! ~ Jane

Brooke said...

this turned out darling! such a fun idea to gather inspiration from each other... way to kick off this idea! hope to see lots more of these 'swap/case/scraplifts' in the future!!!

Dave said...

This is a nice new theme to your blog, Christi. I can't see it without my pinkie flying out like it's tea time!

Anonymous said...

I like the new theme too, My pinkie is tucked in however. (I swear - some of the idiots you let post on your blog...)

Karen said...

Love the changes to your blog! New 'home', new 'blog'!! Change is good! And your inspiration lift with Laura is such a fun idea..

Alison Bryant said...

Pay no attention to those men, sis...

I love the new look!

Mary Jo said...

Love the new look, Christi! :0)

Dave said...

I don't think it's too girly. I really think it's perfect for your blog, and it matches your personality and what you use your blog for nicely.

Not that I want it for my blog, by ya know....

Anonymous said...

No pink blog bro? How about some good old-fashioned riverdancing with at pink...wait for it...clog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails