Thursday, August 14, 2008

Can I get a HIP-HOP...


Welcome to Hip-Hop Thursday!

Today is the first official hip-hop day for Unity Stamp Co...what does that mean? Lots of fun, inspiration, prizes, and some bargains thrown into the mix too!

The "hop" part starts over on the Unity blog {everyone should be all linked up by 10:00 am CST} so if you haven't done so, start there (I don't want you to miss anything!) and then follow the links for lots of fun and inspiration!!


And now for my bit of inspiration. DH got home from Iraq the day after our 16th anniversary, but even though he spent most of that week at various bases trying to get home, he STILL managed to get a card to me by our anniversary. Not only was that part awesome, but the card is an incredible inspiration piece and that is what I have created from for my project today. First here is the card that he sent...



And here is what I have created based upon this fun tri-fold design using the Unity stamp kit, Tiny Trinity.







And this is what it looks like when it is all opened up...




Isn't that fun? I colored the trees using colored pencils and just various shading based upon the colors in that K&Company paper.



The finished card measures about 4x8 and I just played with the curves and angles on this until I liked the look. I will definitely be using this basic design again as I think that it is so much fun!


Now "hop" on over to Jennifer's blog and see what she and all the other talented gals from Unity have been creating. Have fun and be inspired! It's going to be such a fun day!!!



31 comments:

Rita said...

I will be sure to check out the Unity blog today. Sounds like fun.

I truly LOVE your card too -- the colors are super and the curves are so much fun -- you did a great job! Love those stamps -- I may have to get those.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday!!! ((HUGS))

Kelly said...

Beautiful card!! That was such a neat idea. I'll have to try to go to the Unity blog today. I've always wanted to and haven't made it yet.

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that card (and your hubby)!!!

Tiff said...

What a happy card!!!! TFS and have fun with the hubby ;)

Carole Bryson said...

Wow Christi - that card is fantastic - will defo give it a try !

Theresa Momber said...

OMGosh, I love your card. What a great inspiration piece. That is a wonderful set.

Maren said...

Love, love, LOVE this!

Maria said...

Oh Christi that is so awesome! Love the card. Hip hop

Laura Williams said...

christi, this is awesome!!!!! what a great idea!

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow! Awesome card! What a neat idea!

The Sonboul's said...

oh wow this is such a fun idea!!!1 I mean really smart! love it ;)

Ashley Newell said...

What gorgeous cards!

Giovana said...

Sweet sweet card, love it!!!
God bless
Giovana

Jackie Pedro said...

What a sweet card! Love those trinity trees!!

Amy said...

Love this! What a great idea!

Jennifer Buck said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Love this Christi! :)

Unknown said...

Absolutly gorgeous!

The Parkers said...

LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

I absolutely love your card! Its gorgeous!

Brooke said...

i love this christi!!! you are sooo smart... taking the cool card your hubby gave you and making your own... awesome!! HIP HOP!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

Oh my Christi...this is just fantastic, and totally fabulous!!!!!
And I LOVE the look of your blog now (it's been awhile since I've had time to do some blog hopping and I have not seen the new look)

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Oh my goodness! Christi, this is just beautiful!

Unity Stamp Company said...

This is the most amazing card, Christi...the color scheme is so comforting......I have to say this is one of my FAVORITES that you have ever created! THANK YOU SO MUCH for hanging in there for 9 full months with me! I am so glad that you continue to support Unity and I JUST LOVE having you part of this journey!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! LOVE how it just goes on and on and what cute designs.

Patter Cross said...

Oh Christi! I love that card and that fold! To fun!!! You really rocked it for sure! Can't wait to get home and play with y'all next week! :)

Anonymous said...

What a totally fun card, Christy!!! Love all those curves, you rocked it!

dianna said...

I just love how you jump right in when you get inspired~beautiful again*!*

Jen N said...

Absolutely amazing card! I love the tri-folds!

Jen N said...

Absolutely amazing card! I love the tri-folds!

Fiona said...

what a cool card, and more great colours.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. So glad to hear your dear husband is home with you.

The card you made is terrific.

Related Posts with Thumbnails