Sunday, July 13, 2008

We have made it to Illinois!

Well, after a VERY long week, we are finally in Illinois (still in a hotel, but here nonetheless.) We have seen our new house (that we rented without seeing it over the internet), but it was locked up tight so we are anxious to get the keys for it in the morning to see what it really looks like.




Surprisingly enough, we are actually supposed to be getting all of our household goods tomorrow morning too. They are supposed to arrive within an hour of us getting the keys so it is going to be another crazy week as we try to get settled and unpacked. I am hoping to have our internet up and running by Tuesday evening so hopefully within a few days here life will get a bit closer to normal and I will be around here a bit more. :o) {I miss you all!}


But the Simply Scrapbook Sketch Challenges for Unity go on so I have a new sketch to share with you tonight...









This is the layout that I created from the sketch:








This is a photo I took when I was home in Texas over Spring Break. I love it's misty look, but had no idea how to show it off on a layout. I liked the overall simplicity of the layout of this sketch to show it off.


Since I took the photo during Spring Break, I felt that the spring color pallette was a good choice and used a few of the papers from the Scenic Route Lynden paper collection as well as coordinating-colored cardstocks.


I love the variety of stamps in the Unity mini-kits and used Small Elegance for this layout. The interesting {and wonderful} thing about these stamps is that for Unity's norm, they are mini's, but compared to any other stamp companies stamps, they are still really substantial and great for scrapbooking.


Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Small Elegance
*Scenic Route Lynden Collection
*various cardstocks
*MM metal embellishments and blossoms
*Prima flowers
*white sharpie
*Zig Writer
*Heidi Swapp bling and chipboard
*Diamond Glaze

smiles,
Christi

17 comments:

Karen said...

Good to see you were able to post!! I hope things are going smoothly for you and your family!! Looks like you packed the right materials to do an awesome LO. Love the colors and fun 'collection' of Unity stamps.

Heather said...

This is a GREAT LO, praying that everything this week goes smoothly for you and the FAM.

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

congrats on arriving in your new location. great job with the sketch!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the Spring Layout.
Hope all goes well with moving into the new house tomorrow
Alison

Dave said...

you guys have got to be exhausted! I know we're a long ways off, but if there is anything we can do to help you settle in, just let us know

Rita said...

Hey sweetie -- so glad to hear you made it safely to Illinois. Hope everyone is hanging in there alright.

Love the beautiful layout -- that is a cool photo!

Carolyn said...

Good to know you made it safely to IL.
Hopefully as I type this, you are having a set of keys to your new home, put into your hands.
May the rest of the moving go smoothly and you will be settled in shortly.

Unity Stamp Company said...

Hooray, Christi! I am so glad you made it. Don't ya think you should come to CHA? You can add that to your schedule, can't you? LOL...Great sketch- you are amazing!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome layout...so glad you are most of the way moved... I'll be keeping you in my thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi...I am so glad that you guys made it safe and sound! Hopefully tomorrrow will be smooth and cool!! Love the LO, I look forward to playing with the sketch :)

Crystal said...

Yeah!!! So glad to hear that you arrived safe and sound and things are progressing quickly. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the house and your new community. Post lots of pictures, okay?!! Take care!

Kelly said...

Welcome to Illinois. We just returned home to IL today after visiting in Florida.

Lori said...

Happy to hear you made it there safely.
Thought your LO was nicely done so I decided to give your sketch at try. I will have USC sets in my hands very soon...cannot wait to give them a try. Have a great weekend.

Mary Jo said...

Welcome, Christi!!
Good luck moving in :0)

Alison Bryant said...

Yay! Glad y'all got moved. ...Now for the fun part of unpacking! =)

Hope you all get to take a breather sometime soon. When you have a chance, please be sure to e-mail us your new address.

Dragana Skoro said...

I love this LO. I wish I had enough of a patience to do more scrapbooking. Lovely job.

Sue Jones said...

Wow ..on being able to scrap,blog AND move all at the same time!!
LOVE your LO ..happy unpacking

Related Posts with Thumbnails