Sunday, July 06, 2008

Checking In...

Hi, everyone! I am still here. We just returned from a whirlwind trip to Alabama and now are frantically trying to get everything ready for the packers that are coming tomorrow to pack us up for our move to Illinois. It's crazy around here, but it's a good crazy. We are having lots of fun just all being together again even in the chaos.

But I quickly wanted to share with you this week's sketch for the Unity Simply Scrapbook Challenge.

With the upcoming move, I created a whole bunch of my sketches, but did not have time to create using them to make sure that they really work so they probably will all have a few modifications on the final layout...even on my versions. :o)

I wanted to do a layout about just where Kat is and her interests at age "1" and this is what I came up with. For the stamping on this, I used 2 kits: Amazing Me (the journaling tags and the number 1) and Little Labels 2 (the detail around the edge of the large circle and the band that goes across the page). The band was colored in using colored pencils.
Supplies Used:
*Unity Little Labels 2
*Unity Amazing Me
*MM Noteworthy 2 Collection
*K&Co. Amy Butler paper
smiles,
Christi

13 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Christi,
Super fab layout! I hope your move is smooth good luck!

Alison Gibbs said...

Great LO Christi.
Have fun with the move
Alison

Mary Jo said...

Good luck with the move, Christi!!

Amy said...

Hey you!!! I know I suck..I haven't been creating or blogging in so long! we've been so busy with the boys being home and family coming in to visit and work......how you manage to create stuff while your house is in havoc I can't even begin to imagine...I am so not worthy!! I'm so glad you've got your hubby back and I can't wait until you get here!! Email me soon so I can give you my phone number okay? :-)...take care

Rita said...

Hey sweetie -- glad you're home and hope today is going smoothly for you.

LOVE the colors and stamping in this layout -- have I mentioned how absolutely adorable Kat is?? :)

DawnW said...

Cool stuff my dear! Just saying hi, i haven't been doing the rounds like I used to, life sure gets in the way. Glad you had a good vacation!

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful, love the colors! And that photo is Adorable!
Sandra Evertson

Carolyn said...

May the big move go smoothly and may you get settled in just as smoothly.
hugs-

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic lo Christy! I just love it! That lil Kat is just a DOLL!!!
Glad you made it back home safely, good luck with the moving, I don't envy you with the packing and trip but new hosues are so fun!!! MWAH!

Anonymous said...

This layout is simply stunning!! Hope you have a great and worry-free move...I'll be thinking about you! PS...what program are you doing your sketches in? I have tried word and microsoft draw so far and have issues with both. TIA

Anonymous said...

I uploaded a page to SCS using your sketch...LOVE this sketch!! Also am updating my links today and am adding you...just wanted you to know!

Cindy Gilchrist said...

Hi Christi! Ugh - know this is a crazy time for you guys! Hope it all goes smoothly. Kat is just adorable - can't believe how big she's getting!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Just got back from my convention and am trying to catch up with all my favorite bloggers! Glad you finally made it to Illinois. I remember their TLF's were small when we were there - hope they've gotten better over the years!
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails