Friday, June 27, 2008

Shake Friday....TOGETHER!

Many of you that have followed my blog know about Shake Fridays. These are something that we started when DH went to Iraq. When he left, he started a new super-healthy lifestyle which included eating REALLY well...no junk. Except for on Friday's when he would allow himself to have a shake. We decided that it was something that we could do as a family...just long distance, but together in spirit (besides we like any excuse for shakes!) :o)

Well, his eating plan worked...he is incredibly fit and lost about 35-40 lbs when he was gone (which btw, was never his intention...he was just trying a more natural way to reduce his cholesterol...NO ONE would have guessed that he could even lose that much weight cause he certainly was never overweight) so I am a new convert to his eating plan. I just finished my first successful week of "no chocolate or junk"...I know, it sounds like torture doesn't it, but I really haven't even noticed...which is even more unbelievable. But we are going to continue Shake Friday's so that we have a fun treat to look forward to in those weak food moments. I finally remembered to take some photos when we went out to ColdStone Creamery today...
I think that I have mentioned before that Kat is a HUGE Shake Friday fan. The hard part anymore when we go out and get a fountain drink is convincing her that she doesn't want that coke because she always thinks that a paper cup with a straw is a shake.
It's so wonderful to be able to do things as a family again. I love seeing them all together again. So go out tonight and get a shake with your family!!! {Your kids will love you for it!}
smiles,
Christi

10 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow Christi he sure did lose a heap of weight. What great photos of Jacob and Kat with Ben.
Enjoy your time together
Alison

Rita said...

Christi, Ben looks great! And I absolutely love seeing the kids with their dad again. The one of Kat slyly sipping that shake in Ben's arms is so sweet!

Jeanne said...

Aww Christi the first pic of the kids with Ben is so beautiful and Kat drinking her shake with her daddy is so sweet. You're so right, moments to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he looks amazing Christi! I know you are SO excited to have the whole family back together:) I'll join ya'll for shake Friday, keep the tradition alive, lol! I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out when you have time:) http://stampingscrapbooker.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/thanks-maria.html
Have a fantastic weekend sistah:) MWAH!

Theresa said...

so glad Ben is back with you, what super family pics.
I have finally tracked you down over here - issue 47 of simply cards & papercraft. I was browsing and thought that some cards on the front had your trademark, and sure enough, there you are. Looking forward to that read.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Fabulous picture and you're right Ben didn't need to loose any weight~ WOW!
What a sweet way to spend time together as a family! Think I'll surprise my boys this weekend with a "shake" or Sonic Blast day!YUM.
Have a fabulous week.
Sandy

Mary Jo said...

Jacob looks so happy to have his dad home! :) I know you all are!

Alison Bryant said...

All I can say is, "yay, yay, yay"!

Carolyn said...

Yep! I seen the weight loss right away in Ben's face - give him a WTG from me - he looks great!

good luck on the healthy road, it isn't too bad to live by! I highly recommend the George Foreman grill for cooking-I have been greatly impressed with it.

Jessy said...

Christi- great pics of the kids and their Dad!! How heartwarming to all be together again. Thanks for sharing the pics, I love the one with baby Kat sipping the shake. Too cute!! Happy 4th!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails