Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Plans gone awry....

I don't feel like I have gotten anything done the last couple of days and I seriously have a LOT to do this week, so I am going to quickly blog and then GET TO WORK!!!





Several of you asked about where we are moving. DH is in the Air Force and they have decided that they need us at Scott AFB, Illinois which is right outside (on the other side of the river) from St. Louis. I am really very excited about the move. The more people that I meet in the papercrafting world, the more that I am beginning to think that if you don't live in Utah, then you are in the St. Louis area as a papercrafter. I know soooo many people through my papercrafting that live in this area and I am so excited to meet you all (although more than a little nervous.) I am really pretty reserved in person and not a big social person anymore. I am going to have to brush up on my social skills.





I have just a quick card to share today. I LOVE this card (is that wrong to say that?!?) But I really do!!! This was a card that I made just because I really LOVE that teatime toile background from Unity Stamp Company. I plan to do a whole series of projects using the backgrounds from Unity because they stamp so darn well and at only $7/each, they are an incredible bargain!!!





Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Teatime Toile Background
*Unity Stamp Company Formal alphabet
*American Crafts Ribbon
*Basic Grey LilyKate papers
*Marvy Uchida Scallop Square punch




I am starting to have entries come in for my 500th post contest. There are some fun prizes so be sure to enter!! You can see the details here. You still have another week to put your entry together!


smiles,
Christi

13 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW, you'll be pretty close to me then. I'm about 2 to 2 1/2 hours north of St Louis. I think you'll like it there, it is a neat area and so much to do. We're down there at least 3 times per year, sometimes more.

LOVE the card, but then I think all of them are beautiful! :)

Have a productive day!! I'm hoping to have one here too since it's rainy!

Lisa said...

I hope your move is easy on the family and you have a smooth transition, I know as a military family that you're used to moving.

Great card...I WANT my Unity Stamps, everytime I see yours, I can't wait to get a hold of them!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the colours of your card.
Alison

Unknown said...

i am excited you will be at scott! email & i will fill you in on the nice stores in the area!!!

Jayne said...

That sounds like a great place to live!
Ohhh, that has to be the best background stamp evah! I LOVE toile! I'll be adding it to my stash for sure!

Unity Stamp Company said...

I just love that card, too, Christi! That is the FIRST TIME I have seen my Tea Time Toile in USE! It is sure a popular one, we have sold over 20 of those in the last 2 days! It is adorable!

Birds of a Feather said...

just discovered your blog ~ how could that be? best of luck with your move! xo

Anonymous said...

Awww man...wish they needed you at Kadena, I'd love it if you were so close;)
Love your card, I think that background will go on my next order!
Did you see my post about my DH deploying in July? Guess I'm gonna have to take over your shake friday;)

Alison Bryant said...

I'm playing catch-up after vacation...it's great to see all of these projects and pictures!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

Love your positive outlook on the move....I really think St. Louis is beautiful.....you will totally enjoy yourself!
xoxoxo

Theresa said...

sending you lots of happy moving vibes, and I am so with you on brushing up the social skills, I nearly had a panic attack going into my old office yesterday!!! Yes, we are safely arrived, pretty much over the jet lag AND have enjoyed beautiful sunny weather this week. It felt weird at first, but now I feel I am home again, even picked up a mag to scope out the nearest "supply" store! Will catch up with you again soon ((HUGS)).

Nancy said...

good luck with the move, and your so kind don't think you need to brush up on skills! Glad Ben will be home soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog and very glad I did. First, Happy belated Mother's Day. Second, love, love your blog! Third, good luck with your move to my stompin' ground. I actually live just north in a suburb of St. Louis (St. Charles). We are a hop skip and jump (okay so four minutes on a good day) from the bridge between St. Louis and St. Charles. :)

I hope you have a great move!

Related Posts with Thumbnails