Friday, May 02, 2008

Hi, there!

Did you remember Shake Friday? Today, for us, it was just a quick trip to Burger King for their yummy chocolate shakes. BK is so close to my house that I can go down there, drive thru, and be back home with shakes in hand in less than 10 minutes total time...do you know how dangerous that is? LOL! I try not to do that too often, but sometimes it's necessary esp. when we have to get our Friday shake fix in a hurry. Jacob was leaving for Scout camp for the weekend early this afternoon so we didn't have much time. Luckily, BK also serves real food (if you can call it that *eek*) so dinner came from there too.

It's been a crazy day here today. I have a million and a half things that I am trying to get done and I am feeling a bit ADD about it all. I keep getting distracted by other little things that need to get done and NOTHING is getting done! But just now I sat down and made a schedule for the rest of the night that I am determined to follow...first is blogging!

I have been doing a bit of scrapbooking yesterday and today. Both of these layouts were done based on Janelle's sketches that she made for the WIP blog. I always plan on doing Janelle's sketches...I always print them out, but it seems to be a rare thing when I actually get to them so I am very proud of the fact that I managed to get them both done. :o)

This first layout I have hanging in our living room (which is why it has a hanger at the top of it.) My mom is coming here next weekend to help us celebrate Kat's first birthday and I wanted a visual for Kat so that maybe she would warm up to mom quicker.

I have mentioned to you all before how terrified she is of strangers....this is a way to help alleviate that, although I am not too sure how effective it will be. Just this week I couldn't get her out of bed because I had a towel on my hair...she wouldn't come to me while I looked different. *sigh* The bad thing is...I seriously need a new hairstyle, but I don't dare with Kat. I had my hair in a ponytail this week which she watched me do and she still wasn't sure it was me...you would think that she would know her own mother.
I am not super-thrilled with this layout. I glued the title on really late one night this week and I think that I should have waited til the next morning because it's seriously NOT spaced right, but I can't do anything about it now.
Supplies used:
*Unity Stamp Company Miss Dotty Alphabet
*Unity Stamp Company Circle of Thanks kit
*Heidi Swapp papers
*K&Co. paper (the pink)
*misc. ribbon/trim
*misc. buttons
*K&Company brads
*Prima flower
*MM flower

This second layout is a really fun one, I think. I let Jacob pick out the embellishments that went on it (although I missed the skateboard--he noticed that it was missing right away! LOL!)


supplies used:
*Crate Paper Static Collection
*Unity Stamp Company Beautiful Life kit (I used a marker to just stamp the Life part of the Beautiful Life stamp)
*Unity Stamp Company Tea Time Pattern Background stamp
*MME Journaling card
BTW, tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day. Unity Stamp Company will be doing giveaways and games from 9:00 to 4:00 PST over on Splitcoast Stampers so come join in the fun. I will also be back here with some sketch fun!

Don't forget to play in my 500th Post Contest!! You only have until May 14th...

smiles,
Christi

1 comment:

Trish said...

Adorable layouts, Christi! I'm so glad you are playing along in Janelle's challenge--way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails