Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

There is a certain amount of loneliness that comes with having your husband gone for a long time. Overall, you tend to get used to it, but there are times when it's definitely harder than others. Right now is one of those times. I think that it's because there is an end in sight (another 5 weeks to go). I want him to be here now, but it's the little things that help...email is definitely one of them. I only talk to DH once a week for about 30 minutes and that call has the international delay which makes relaxed discussion difficult because you tend to be talking over each other. Another thing that makes it easier is wonderful surprises like these that showed up on my doorstep on Friday....




DH is traditionally awful about doing anything for Mother's Day and the fact that he thought about it while in Iraq, well let's just say that I definitely cried.




The other thing that makes it easier is that my mom is coming to visit today. I pick her up from the airport in 6 hours and I cannot wait!!! My mom and I are very close and it's very rare that I get to actually spend mother's day with her since we normally are so far away. It makes it extra special when I can.




I took a bit of time off from my cleaning yesterday to create a little something up to go with her mother's day gift. The tin is full of little candy bars that have been decorated using the Little Label 2 Kit from Unity.




I talked about the Autumn Leaves calendar page from Friday. This tag was totally inspired from that page. I used the background stamp, TeaTime Pattern, from Unity to make the red medalion. The "M" stamped on top of it is a stamp from Great Impressions. I don't know if you can quite make it out in these photos, but there is a little bit of detail work colored in using my white sharpie on the scroll work around the M. The flowers are also done from the Little Labels 2 kit...first I stamped the circle from that set and then punched it using my flower punch. There is a label in that kit that has flowers in it made from the graduated circles...for my flower centers, I punched those out using a small circle punch...added a brad and a drawn stem, and they were done.

I hope that you all have a fantastic mother's day today....and remember, you deserve a bit of spoiling. If someone else doesn't do it for you, then do it for yourself...you've earned it!
smiles,
Christi

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Ok, I feel the emotion of the flowers here, what a kleenex moment, and such a very special one at that.

Hope your Mom has a safe arrival today. I'm happy to hear she is coming to visit you, it will be a good thing right now for you. You have been dealing with a lot since Ben has been in Iraq.

Have a really Great day today!

Nancy said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!! Enjoy the time with your mom, and let the 5 week count down beign

Kelly said...

Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous!!! How sweet and thoughtful for him to do that. I love the gift idea for your mom too. She will love that but probably not as much as getting to spend time with you!! How exciting.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the beautiful card and goodies. That was so sweet of you. It came yesterday and I was so excited. Thanks for making my day!!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh Christi that is so sweet - flowers. Five weeks and he'll be home safe and sound.
How exciting to be able to spend Mother's Day with your Mom
Have fun and enjoy each others company
Alison

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Happy Mother's Day! I hope the 5 weeks fly by! Gorgeous flowers and how sweet of DH.
Have a great week.
Sandy :)

Rita said...

How GORGEOUS are those flowers? I think it's wonderful that Ben sent them. I'm sure it's hard for him to be away for Mother's Day and Kat's b-day.

I am SO glad your mom is with you today. Enjoy her visit -- I know you two will have a wonderful time! Be sure to play some Scrabble for me....;)

Carole Bryson said...

Happy Mothers Day Christi - I needed a tissue reading about your husbands flowers - It must be really hard for you xxx

Mary Jo said...

Happy Mother's Day, Christi!
Gorgeous flowers!!

I know what you mean about adapting but it's still hard sometimes. Mike has to travel for work at least three nights a week.
It's rough sometimes.

Alison Bryant said...

Hope Jacque got there with no troubles. Have a great time this week! I meant to ask her to hug all of you and pet Junior for me.

Lisa said...

What a great gift for you Mom. I love the way you used the stamps.

Crystal said...

I'm so glad you had those lovely flowers come to you - so unexpected and so thoughtful - I was misty-eyed, you must have been bawling! I pray that Ben will be safe and the days will fly by quickly. Have a ton of fun with your Mom !!

Amy said...

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day Christi and the flowers are so beautiful! I love Tulips! Hope you have a wonderful visit with your Mom!

Related Posts with Thumbnails