Saturday, April 17, 2010

Win a Free Mini Kit over On Etsy Inspired!!!

This week, Caffinated Cropper is sponsoring the Etsy Inspired Challenge
Every week, Etsy Inspired chooses an Etsy shop to feature and inspire your art. 
Simply go to the featured store, choose a piece, and create an art piece inspired by it.
This week's featured shop is Cose Dolci.
The prize is a fabulous FREE With a Cherry On Top Mini Kit from Caffinated Cropper!!!

For my challenge card, I chose this piece from Cose Dolci....



I loved the seed bead detail on this gorgeous little felt box and tried re-creating the look from the elements of this month's Caffinated Cropper kit, With a Cherry on Top...


For my medallion detail, I used a large white button from the kit and started to create the starburst effect around it by gluing on the clear dew drops around it. I then covered the button holes with some of the KaiserCraft rhinestones in the center.

The card seemed a bit plain, so I created a little tulle bow using some of the tulle and string (this is the sugar and cream twist string included in the kit...I just separated the strands so that I only used the white) included in the kit.

Everything on this card is included in the kit except for the white card base (which I realized after the card was done, would have looked better as a grey base, but I wasn't going to remake that medallion at 10:00 last night...LOL!) I cut the red card stock using my Take Note die cut.

This is a fun challenge with a fabulous prize, so go check out Etsy Inspired for all the challenge details.

And while you are about blog-hopping, hop on by Amy's blog and wish her a 
HaPpY BiRtHdAy, AmY!!!!
Today is her birthday!!!


Edited to add....I just couldn't stand all that white, so I just cut apart that original card and remade it by adding the layer of grey/blue patterned paper that is included in the kit....


So which version do you prefer? LOL!


12 comments:

Amber Hight said...

This is awesome Christi! That medallion must have taken you FOREVER! It was well worth the effort though, it sure makes a statement! BEAUTIFUL!

StampinCathy said...

OMGosh! This is one beautiful card. Love the bling.

Amy said...

You are so funny...it was beautiful to begin with..and it's still gorgeous..LOL..thanks for letting the cat out of the bag..like everywhere...LOL..and thanks for your hard work!

de said...

So creative! Beautifully amazing! Both in white and with the DP! I love them both!

Fun having you guys play along with us at EIC this week! Yea!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--love love love both! Beautiful all around! TFS:)

Kerry said...

I love that you took the inspiration piece and created a similar medallion on your card...so unique and pretty! Both cards are great. I might even say I like the one with all the white better...partially because I like the larger sentiment.

Sherry Campbell said...

Well I think they both turned out pretty fantastic!

Stephanie Zito said...

Beautiful Christi! I love them both!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh, I love what you did with those dew drops, Christi! Awesome card, girl!

Ashley Newell said...

These are AMAZING!! I love the dew drop flowers! STUNNING! I love them both! You can send one to me and I'll tell you which one I like better. ;)

Karen B. said...

I think both cards are amazing! And I'm curious, how do you attach those dew drops?

Kimme said...

LOVE THIS! Yes I shouted. What a great way to use the inspiration piece.

Related Posts with Thumbnails