Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's been a Fabulous Girls' Weekend!!

{be sure to click on the photos to see them full-sized.}

It has just been Kat & I around the homestead the last few days as both of the guys are out of town (in different locales) so we have been playing and shopping and simply having fun for the last couple of days.

We started out the weekend with a bit of shopping. New shoes from Target for both of us...getting ready for our Springtime wardrobe.


And I finally broke down and bought a bind-it-all using my 30% off coupon. Now I just need to find the time to figure out how to use it and find something to bind. ;o)


Then yesterday we went to a gorgeous and amazing little town called St. Charles. I have talked about it before here. While it is a beautiful little town that is great for wandering and photography, I really went because I wanted to check out a stamp store that is there. Unfortunately, I was shopping for embellishments & ephemera, but the store was pretty much just stocked with stamps and paper (and I have MORE than enough of those items...LOL!)

So we ended up just wandering around town, taking photos and enjoying the absolutely gorgeous day that we had here...



Another pair of new shoes for Kat. I know that I have mentioned her obsession with shoes before (here), but it actually seems to be getting worse. Last night she flat-out refused to let me take these off...and remember that we walked a TON yesterday so her feet had to be tired, but NO- when I tried to take them off last night so that she could go to bed, she just threw a fit. I have been having issues with her fighting going to sleep lately so I just gave in and she slept in these shoes last night. So it's officially been 24 hours since these shoes have been off her feet (except for diaper/clothes changes.) I am not sure that we both are going to survive this two-year-old year.

Like I mentioned before, St. Charles is this gorgeous, picturesque little historic town on the Missouri River. You can see the wonderful old train depot in the background of this photo. This park runs along the river and about every 10-15 yards is one of these park benches. Kat insisted on sitting on every one of them and then she would spend her time hopping over the center bar...I just knew she was going to fall and bust her head open.

I loved this building. I would guess that it was some sort of old carriage house from the design of it.

The town has worked really hard to keep the ambience that it has, including little vignettes like old wagons sitting in random areas.

It's been a really fun weekend and today is supposed to be another gorgeous day...

I hope that you are all having fun weekends too!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Kat is adorable, what a fun day out!

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I've always heard about old ST Charles but have never been although I"m in that area quite often.

Lovin' the new sandals too!! I'm ready to wear mine everyday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails