Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend Play...

Finally, this weekend, I got to play with creating some new layouts! It's been a while since I scrapped...I have been concentrating more on my art journal and cardmaking. But looking at the 3 layouts that I have to share this morning, I think that it may be time to share some of the love with the boy. I am getting spoiled by getting to play with all these fun, girly layouts!

This first layout is very simple. It was a series of shots taken of Kat within the last couple of weeks. I love all of her expressions and those big, bright blue eyes. The papers/tags here are Collage Press and all the stamping is Inque Boutique.


I used a pencil Lines sketch #53 for this layout of Kat's hand next to a fall leaf taken last week.
Supplies used:
*Daisy D's papers (everything but the base)
*Base Creation Inc paper (base- from Oct CMK kit)
*Daisy D's buttons
*Scenic Route chipboard circle
*Urban Lily journaling stamp


I just had to play with my new MM Noteworthy goodies that I just recently got in from CMK and they went so well with this photo of Kat.
Supplies used:
*MM Noteworthy papers and clip
*ribbon
*Foofala buttons
*Urban Lily journaling stamp
*Scenic Route alpha stickers
*Technique Tuesday corner stamp


Huge Congratulations to my niece, Emily!!! She won first place this weekend in a cake decorating contest at her school!! Way to go, Em!!!!

(photo by Kara)

smiles,
christi

10 comments:

Amy Castellano said...

Christi, these layouts are beautiful love your use of color!

Carolyn said...

Oh lookie at all those layouts with Kat on them. So cute! She is becoming quite the photo model, she is going to make a good subject on your scrap pages, but really she already has.

Also, sending a huge congrats to Emily, if it is that pumpkin cake that is next to her, please tell her she did a fabulous job on it.

Christi said...

Emily's "cake" is actually the little herd of mice cupcakes. :)

Thanks, girls!
smiles,
christi

Alison Gibbs said...

Kat is quite the little model! Just gorgeous. How clever of Emily to do Mice cupcakes. Congratulations Emily.
Alison

Jeanne said...

Congratulations to Emily on her cake decorating honors...how cute!
Also, just wanted to give you the heads-up that I mailed out your giveaway prize today. Enjoy!

Cami said...

I love the first layout with the series of photos of Kat. What a sweet, sweet layout!

Congrats to Emily! :) How cool is that?!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Christi,
Gorgeous LO's! How sweet is that picture of K's hand and the leaf!!
Congrats to your niece Emily.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
Sandy

Rita said...

CONGRATS to Miss Emily on her win!!!

Love all your Kat layouts -- the first one has such darling photos and I love the stunning colors in the autumn layout.

Linda said...

love, love those los! and huge congrats to Emily! how fun!

Alison Bryant said...

My favorite, too, is the leaf photo. Very creative.

Ah, Miss Em...looks like we have another craft-y person in the family! By the way, Daniel's going to be in town today, so we'll get to say hi to him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails