Friday, October 26, 2007

Random Tidbits & a Bit of Pumpkin Love...

Good Morning!! I have lots of little random things to post about this morning...

1. CMK Guest Designer Layout
Every month Create My Keepsake has a Guest DT challenge. I have always planned on entering, but always run out of month before I run out of things that I have to get done so I never get to it. This month the challenge is using a Creative Prompt. Well, you know that this is right up my alley! And this particular creative prompt, well let's just say that I LOVE IT!! I have looked at it all month long and knew that my time was getting short to get it done so I dropped everything that I have needed to be doing the last two days to play with this layout.

Here is the Creative Prompt:


And this is my layout that it inspired:

Supplies used:
*Bazzill Bling
*Basic Grey Mellow alpha
*Elsie bitty frames
*Daisy D's fall papers
*Leaf and Circle punch
*Foofala buttons
*Brown pen

2. A Domestic Challenge:
As I was blog-hopping this morning, I came across Amber's blog where she was going on about how messy her craft space was. I basically told her that she had no idea what a messy space was and she challenged me to post a photo of mine. Well, here it is as of 45 minutes ago:

Any of you that have been following me for very long know that when Kat was born, I had to cut my scrap room in half to allow for her to move in with me. Well, about a month ago, I was officially moved to the kitchen table (which also happens to be in my living room...UGH!) Luckily, Ben is very patient and hasn't said a word about the carnage that usually resides over on the table now.

The scary thing about this view...my mom is coming into town tomorrow afternoon (which means that it needs to be cleaned...along with the rest of my house) and I still have 5 cards to make before she gets here!?!? Don't worry, mom! I promise there will be no health-code violations by the time you get here.

3. Pumpkin Love
And now to take your mind of the embarrassment that was the last section of this blog post, I will aim to distract you with some cuteness. This was little Miss Kat yesterday playing with our one and only pumpkin. Don't worry, I kept a close eye so she didn't poke her eye out with that honkin' stem.

This is when I wish that I had photoshop and knew how to use actions. This seems like it could be a really awesome photo with a couple of tweeks, but she is still cute regardless.

4. The coming week:
Like I mentioned before, my mom is coming into town and will be here for the next week so I will probably be pretty scarce. I will still be posting the Creative Prompts over on the Creative Prompts blog Mon & Thurs as well as all the links on Monday. Did you see the new prompt yesterday? No, well then go check it out and come play with us! You have until Monday to use either #1 or #2 and get linked up.

smiles,
Christi

6 comments:

Alison Bryant said...

Love all of those things! Of course, the layout and the Kat photo are my favorites. The tree layout would also make a cool family tree theme.
But...selfishly I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one with some messiness.
Last night we had two young friends over. One reason I was glad for this was that it forced me to clear out my guest/crafty room. Right now we host a church group here on Mondays. Things normally in our living room and den (like our drum set!) have been stacked in that room for weeks. That, along with some accumulated clutter, have kept me from card making. Now I think I've found a workable compromise until our Monday group is over. My goal this weekend is to start on Christmas cards. Yay! (-feeling blood pressure relaxing-) Sorry this is so long. Have a great time this next week. Make sure your mom gives Ben some applesauce. (Big Meadow '01 flashback)

Rita said...

I love what you've done with the CMK Designer challenge! Gorgeous! Can you believe I am actually doing a LO for the challenge as well? I am about 75% finished -- wish me luck on getting it done on time! LOL

Enjoy your mom's visit -- play some Scrabble for me! And I absolutely love the photo of the two cute pumpkins (yes, I mean Miss Kat AND the actual pumpkin that is just her size!)

Anonymous said...

Okay Ms. Christi, I believe you have me beat, bwahahaha! Thanks for posting your mess, love it;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and lil Miss Kat sure is looking beautiful;) Have fun with your mom!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with that creative prompt. Awesome. Your brother has some talent too. His artwork is great! Now I have to say that is one messy room, he he. I think you might have won there. Oh well, life is not fun if it's not a little messy, right?
Have fun with your mom.

Carolyn said...

A messy creative space is the best. It only means that work is getting done. That's my motto and I am sticking to it.

Please can Kat get any cuter? Her with that pumpkin is so darn cute. Not sure what you mean by tweeking it, it looks fine as is.

Have a great visit with Mom. I know the two of you will.

Related Posts with Thumbnails