Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Exploring new avenues...

I have been in a funk the last couple of days. I am feeling unsettled. I feel the need to explore a new creative venture, but at this point I am not sure what that is. I want to make an impact with my life and I think that I can do this creatively, just not sure what I need/want to do. But something is coming...I promise.

Part of the funk has come from my struggle to do this challenge for the Cabinet of Curiosities. Challenge #3 was to do a page reflecting your dreams. Throughout my childhood/teenage years I had several different dreams...to be a nurse (just like Cherry Ames in the novels), to be an architect, etc. The one thing that has remained a constant throughout my life has been my love for books and if I were truly to be honest, my real dream is to write. Write what? I am not sure. At this point in my life, I would think that it would have something to do with crafts and my love for them and to a certain extent I am doing that. No, I am not writing books, but I am writing for the magazines, but that just doesn't seem like enough. So for all this rambling, I am really not saying much...I just feel the need to do more...so watch this space and I will let you know when I come up with a solution for my restlessness.

On to other creative things. I finally have finished Challenge 3 for The Cabinet of Curiosities hosted by Kari (artsymama) and Bonnie. Like I said, this was a REAL struggle for me. I have been actually working on this layout for 2 days and putting real thought into it for at least another 3 more, but it is finally done and I can get to work on Challenge #4 (Wonder) that is already up. I don't want to fall behind on this project.


I also got the chance today to work on Sketch #17 from the Pencil Lines gals (although this week the sketch was done by the talented Miss Elsie Flannigan.) Loved this sketch for it's ability to accomodate so many photos. Super fun and easy.


That's it for now. For those of you that don't know, the Craft & Hobby Show is happening this week and I will be posting my top 10 picks within the next day or so. Fun, fun stuff!!!
smiles,
christi

5 comments:

scrapdolly said...

Love how you have used the sketch Christi
Great work as always

Anonymous said...

Your Dream challenge is awesome! I love the pink and brown color combination!

Nerissa Alford said...

I love your dream piece. It turned out wonderfully! Looking forward to seeing your next piece.
Nerissa

Kari said...

Your dream piece is glorious! I'm so sorry to hear that our challenge has put you in a funk. That's no good. Can't wait to see what creative venture you come up with next!!!! Here's to an active muse:)

Bonnie said...

I love your dream challenge, it is beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! I too have always loved the written word, to write is a dream of mine too. I love how you use a lot of monochromatic themes for these challenges Kari and I are doing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails