Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Total SHOCK!!!

altered ambitions
When I started working in the UK magazine industry, I was incredibly lucky to land two magazine gigs at the same time...one was for a cardmaking mag (Simply Cards & Papercraft) and the other was, at the time, doing scrapbooking for a very small scrapbooking section of an existing general craft magazine (Practical Crafts). The Practical Crafts gig evolved into it's own title dedicated purely to a scrapbooking magazine, Scrapbook Magic. I was on the DT for Scrapbook Magic for about the first 4-6 months of it's existence until Practical Publishing (who publish The Scrapbook Magazine, Simply Cards & Papercraft, and Papercraft Essentials) asked me to work exclusively for their titles. I agreed just because Practical Publishing has treated me so incredibly well, but I still loved all the Scrapbook Magic team and magazine.

It was announced today to their design team, that the magazine is ceasing to publish. I am just gutted. Those girls have put their heart and soul into that magazine and it continued to get better and better. I am so sad for them all today. So for all you girls on this team ((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))) to you. I am sooooo sorry!!! Scrapbook Magic will be missed!
Christi

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sad...we've been hearing these sorts of things left and right it seems in the scrapbook world.
I've never heard of these mags...but hope that the designers and employees still continue to inspire the crafting world!

Jo said...

Thanks for all your support Christi - we're all still completely gutted!!

Have to say though - it does seem funny seeing my name sandwiched between such great ones on your blog! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails