Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Writing on Wednesday...50,000 words later

Today is the last day in November which means National Novel Writing Month is about to end. 
The goal for NaNoWriMo is 50,000 words. 
I hit that goal last night.
What does that mean?? 
It means I am about halfway through writing the first draft of Operation: Endgame. I still have a long ways to go, but I am so excited about what I have accomplished this month and about where the novel is at. 

I haven't gone back and re-read the book as a whole yet, and I know that it has detail and flow issues. For the next month, I plan to slow down the daily word count and start working on the issues within the book. I have several books that I am also reading to help with my process...


Below, is the view of my working notebook. That first section is pretty much the novel printed. Double spaced on my computer, it is sitting at 152 pages right now. I love looking at it all printed! I am also feeling very addicted to the writing of it.


The goal at this point is to have the novel completed by the end of January and hopefully almost fully revised by then too. I will keep you all fully updated as I go. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails