Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Blog Post #3 from vacation...My travel stamp kit.

I rarely travel without some sort of stamping paraphernalia, but it is rare for me to actually do anything with my stamps when we are traveling so I had decided that I wasn't going to take them on our Spring Break trip. Well, at the very last minute, I changed my mind and thank goodness that I did. I actually got to make several projects while we were gone thanks to several rainy days.

So here is a quick run-down of what I took with us (in case you want to pack a quick travel stamping bag.)

The little red and brown bag on the right was the bulk of my stash. I picked up this bag recently from Michaels. They had them on clearance for less than $10 and I figured it was a really compact easy way to carry all those little items.  

For this trip, this is what it held from the aerial view:
*a cup that holds: scissors, pencil, glue pen, 2 pixie glitter sticks, 6 watercolor pencils, paper piercer, waterbrush, brown and black zig writers, metal ruler
*punches: 3 martha stewart border punch, 1 small scallop circle punch, corner rounder
*tin full of multi-colored brads including silver, copper, and black
*pop dots
*card of MM ribbon
*4 Unity background cassette stamps
*approximately 6-10 mini scrapbook paper pad collections...these are good because they have lots of variety, are compact, and usually have matching cardstocks in them too (this time they were... a 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 K&Company pad, 2- 6x6 basic grey pads, 4x6 SEI pad, 2- 6x6 MM pads, 2- MM 8x8 collections, DCWV green mini pad, and 2 different journaling pads-one was MM and the other was Websters Pages)
*Fabri Tac
*several mini colorbox cat's eye inkpads
*push pad
*watercolor pencils

***************
The exterior pockets held:
*B-sized Unity handle
*3 more Unity stamp cassettes
*Black StazOn inkpad
*Brown memories inkpad
*Martha Stewart brown twill
*more random brads


*********
My eco-chic bag carried:
*My fiskars cutter
*ATG glue gun
*4 containers of Unity stamps 
*several sheets of 8 1/2 x11 cardstock white and kraft 
*my 12x12 glass cutter base which is perfect to use as a lap desk anywhere


And of course, I never go anywhere (not even on errands) without a few idea magazines and books....


6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Perfect way to travel Christi!!! Love your bags and all the Unity goodness!!

Karen said...

Thanks Christi! This 'travel kit' would be perfect for me to take to my office too! TFS

Katy said...

Thanks so much for this!! I need this for this weekend (and for the Lake of the Ozarks, no less!!)

joni said...

Thanks for sharing Christi! I love that bag too...I'm going to have to look at Mikes the next time I'm there!

Lesly said...

This is funny because my family calls me the ultimate bag lady. At any given time I have 6 or 7 bags ready to go out the front door. They either have knitting, cross-stitching or quilting in them. I'm interested in the cases you have your stamps in. what are they and where did you get them?

Ninia said...

Good!!!, Hello Have you hear ofertas punta cana?

Related Posts with Thumbnails