Friday, January 09, 2009

A Study in Doors- Post #1 for today...

Good Friday morning! I hope that last week's Exercise in Creativity got your ideas/creative muse to spinning and thinking. I have had a LOT of fun with my doors this week...mainly playing with my new camera and seeing what I could do. I still have a LOT to learn! LOL! That means that I will probably spend a lot of these exercises this year on photography (be sure to click on the photos to see them full size)...

My first shot here is actually my front door on my house...I love it! We lucked out and have these gorgeous leaded glass windows in it that are just gorgeous. It's a new house, but I decided to play with the look of the age of it by adding the sepia tones to the photo and a bit of interest with the umbrella. Personally, I like the look of it...DH wasn't so sure. :o)


For this next group of shots, I went out to Scott Air Force Base. This is an old base so it has some really interesting buildings on it. I think that this first one is what used to be the original Officer's Club back in the day. I am not quite sure what all it is used for now, but when I went out and took these photos last weekend, it was still decorated for Christmas. I would love to see the inside of it....


It was fairly late in the day (and a REALLY bitterly cold one at that) when I took these photos and I love the way that the light is filtering through the trees on this photo. While the actual door on this building is awful, the entire facade as a whole is breathtaking. Do you see that amazing lantern light above the door...very impressive.


These next two photos are the Parade Ground on the base and I took advantage of a doorway/entrance. While not an actual door, this kind of entrance can make for some really interesting photos. I think that I could get some more artistic styled shots with this little area, but I will have to save that excursion for a day when I can go out and not risk frostbite for my photography. :o)

Be sure to click these photos so that you can see the vignette through the archway....

**********************************
Finally, I have a little papercraft project to share that features a door. This is a little 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" postcard (for lack of a better word.) It features a little 3" card on the front that acts as the door in this project. So many times when you send a card, there is not much that needs to be said besides the actual sentiment. This style card is perfect for those times.




Supplies Used:
*Unity Stamp Co. Oh Happy Day! (bird)
*Unity Stamp Co. Remember This (Dec. kom...both sentiments)
*Chatterbox papers
*Cuttlebug embossing folder
*eyelet trim
*buttons
*Marvy Uchida scallop punches
*large white brads
*brown inkpad
*white cardstock


Like I said, this is post #1....#2 will be up shortly and it will have our Exercise Your Creativity Week 2 assignment!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Great pictures!! And your card is just adorable!!

Karen said...

Fun card!! Love (all) the door(s)!!

Amy said...

Love your photos...that card turned out so stinkin cute!

Jacqueline said...

Love these pictures!! Love your card too, way cute!!

Alison Bryant said...

Love, love, love all the doors!

Jenn said...

Cute idea, I like to take pictures of doors too, but maybe not as much as you ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails